PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive play clothes at Walmart

TahliasMom
10-12-2005, 01:30 PM
So i just started shopping at Walmart the past few months becuase of those White Cloud Diapers, thanks to the BBB mamas who suggested them. Anyhow i wandered into the clothes aisle and found tops and bottoms, 100% cotton, for $2.88 each!!! they're made by kids connection. there had solids and some with designs. dd is trahing her clothes at homecare (yes i'm sad about her old navy/target stuff coming home with huge ketchup, spaghetti stains and dirt/grass). the walmart stuff is soft but a little thin but hey, for price, who can complain. i also saw some sweats, tops and bottoms, for like $3.88 or something. super soft, 100% cotton and tagless. has anyone bought these before?

samwyatt
10-12-2005, 01:43 PM
We have them... I don't LOVE the pants... they somehow seem thinner than the shirts, which I do love. I buy several in each color that I know will work under things or with different things. We live in Maine, so, longesleeves under other things is a good thing. I wish I could find a place that had inexpensive pants that are cut like wiggle pants....

But, we do love the tops! For $2.88 you really can't beat them!

Beth568
10-12-2005, 05:56 PM
They're not great, but for the price, they're fine. I have a few tops that someone gave me for DD2, and the fabric quality is a little flimsy. But they are soft, and as a base layer I think they'll be fine. I usually get inexpensive Circo leggings at Target for my DD to wear to preschool or when we're someplace where I know she'll get dirty, because I'd hate to ruin something I'd paid a lot for. They certainly won't last forever, but for play clothes, why not?

iluvmy2boys
10-12-2005, 07:54 PM
i don't like that stuff because the sizing is all wacky and they shrink horribly. Not worth the cost I don't think because of the shrinkage issue.

s7714
10-13-2005, 12:04 AM
I've had a few items each season from them. My MIL likes to pick things up there because they're so cheap. I've found the sizing to really range from item to item, as well as the quality/washability. Some items have held up great to repeated washing and other things have started falling apart after only two washes. They all seem to be a little difficult when it comes to getting stains out though. I'd personally rather spend a couple bucks more and get playclothes from Target as they seem to be a little more consistant in quality.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

neeter
10-13-2005, 07:31 AM
We've used the brand "Faded Glory" and found them to be great for denim - especially shorts. DS used them all summer and they never gave out! For the cotton pieces, eventually they started to fade, but as shorts for daycare, they still were fine, especially for the price!

TahliasMom
10-13-2005, 12:14 PM
thanks for all the feedback. i'll see how the few that i got do with stains and washing. i'm going to look into the faded glory brand too. they had some cute pieces.

thanks