PDA

View Full Version : Ideas of places to find a nice Christening gown?

doberbrat
04-20-2006, 03:47 PM
The family gown prob wont fit by next month and I’m panicking. Don’t want to spend a ton since it might not be used (if there is any way to stuff her into the family gown, I will- just about every baby for 5 generations has been Baptised in it!) but of course, I’m a bit picky about what it looks like. Found a gown on clearance at Strasburg kids (the ONLY one I liked but they didn’t have her size) (6m)

thanks

LogansMommy
04-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Just an idea- but my local consignment store has some really pretty ones both new and 'pre-owned' just a thought :)

doberbrat
04-20-2006, 07:28 PM
*rolling eyes* I found a beautiful one at my local store - back when I thought the family gown would fit. It was only $20 but DH said it was silly to buy. My mom told me to go back and gte it and if we didnt use it, she would use it on her dolls (she's a doll collector) well, I DIDNT go back and when I went back this week, it was (obviously) gone... and here I am ARGH!

WHY dont I learn??? buy NOW! :) Guess I'll be trolling the local consignment stores this weekend. havent seen any at any of my local stores before either!

Lovingliv
04-20-2006, 08:02 PM
FWIW, my DD wore the family gown as well. She was 3 months when she was christened and it was def to small, but only my mom could tell. The hat was a little snug, and my mom laughed all day...but she wore it! try it on and see if you can get away with it!

ehmom
04-20-2006, 08:41 PM
try talbots or janie and jack. they both have nice ones sometimes. also i have seen some amazing old gowns in antique malls lately. it might be worth calling a few in your area to see if any of their booths have any. hth!

doberbrat
04-21-2006, 09:23 AM
ohh... *calling* great idea!

thanks ladies!

monker
04-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Do you have an April Cornell near you? They are all going out of business and everything is on sale from 30% to 75% off. I saw some cute christening gowns there this week.

Hannah
DD 7/03
DS 3/05

1964pandora
04-21-2006, 02:11 PM
I've heard that you can call Strasburg children's clothing outlets and ask them if they have any of their BEAUTIFUL gowns at the outlets.

http://www.strasburgchildren.com/storelocations.html

Only problem is that I don't know which of the stores listed in that link are outlets.

jennabear
04-21-2006, 02:49 PM
A friend of mine sent me this link. I don't know much about it but they have a lot to choose from. At least for girls.

http://www.alliewade.com/