PDA

View Full Version : Gender neutral baby shower gift

niccig
05-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Help me. I'm trying to find cute/different gender neutral clothes for a baby shower gift. I've already got a miracle blanket, happiest baby on the block book, and I thought I'd add an outfit to it. I'm finding cute boy/girl outifts, but nothing for gender neutral beyond plain white/yellow/green with no embellishment etc. Any suggestions from the retail experts??

TIA Nicci

ETA I was thinking of a sleeper like HA barnyard, or This Little Piggy Wears Cotton, but I don't see any prints that I like there, or ones that wouldn't be considered boys/girls.

trumansmom
05-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Have you tried Babystyle? Some of their layette line is pretty gender neutral. DD wears all of DS' hand me downs. :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Momof3Labs
05-06-2006, 07:13 AM
How about a pair of Robeez? The white ones, red monkeys, cream lions, cream puppies, cream teddies, and yellow chicks all make gender neutral gifts.

sadie_beth_1124
05-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Try checking eBay for some John Lennon by Carters baby stuff. They've discontinued the entire line, except for pacifiers which for some reason are still at BRU.
Anyway, everything was gender neutral and very cute. I bet you can find a lot of still-new items, clothing and what-not.

kcimato
05-06-2006, 04:24 PM
How about the HA stars and stripes zipper for 4th of July?

Or you could do a onsie from www.ellabeebaby.com

It gives you a choice of boy or girl but some are gender neutral.

3dears
05-06-2006, 07:57 PM
I like Patemm (shop.patemm.com)changing pads SO much. You could get a neutral one. I love the blue ones with flowers since they seem they could go either way. I just sent one as a new baby gift. Too fun!

niccig
05-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Thank you for all the suggestions. I knew this was the place to ask. It's for DH's friend so I'll run them by him tonight.

Thanks everyone

Nicci

tigeratty
05-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Halo sleep sack. You can get yellow, green or cream. Buy for the size baby will be in winter. Or, if you're in a mild climate they make knit ones.