PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to talk Naartjie?

Melanie
05-12-2006, 05:32 PM
I realize many of the emphatic clothing fans have left RR, but there are still some of us left, right?! Who wants to talk clothes!

I LOVE the new line. And the new boys' stuff, too. They still have a bit too big of Naartjie words and logo on them, but they're growing on me. As Ds gets older I think I'm getting more liberal. Plus he loves VW Buses.

Anyway, I'm lusting after that striped henna dress and matching poplin pants.

I just caved and bought the knit capris with the three tiers of ruffles, they are so cute. It was quite teh splurge at 14.50 then when i got home I saw they rung them up like an essential so I got them and the shirt for $9! I don't know if it was a manual glitch or a PC glitch, but Woo Hoo!

SAHMommie
05-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I keep wanting to try Naartjie for my son but havent yet. I am not sure what size to order. My ds is 2 1/2 and wears a 4T in Gymbo or a 5T in BabyGap. What sz should I buy him?

SAHMommie

Melanie
05-12-2006, 09:22 PM
I would guess a 3 or 4 b/c it most often runs big. I've yet to see any big boy's stuff run small.

manda7_23
05-12-2006, 09:40 PM
I'll admit it, i'm a Naartjie addict. The new summer line is one of my faves. I have the tiered dress in WW with poplin pants, knit dress in dew with henna capris in dew, halter and poplin pants in girlie, and a WW headband. This new line has sold faster than any other Naartjie line i have ever seen! I adore their clothes b/c they are so unique and i think their prices are very reasonable when you compare to other name brands.

P.S. There is a rumor of a 40% all sale items around Memorial Day!

Amanda

Melanie
05-12-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm watching that rumor, for sure. I am commiting myself to stay OUT of the store until that weekend, or maybe the day or two before in case it starts early. ;)

I have noticed it selling out, thus why I (thought I was going to) pay full price for those adorable capris. There was exactly one pair left in Dew in Dd's size so I snagged it.

It's the the solid & henna one I'm lusting after. I wish we could borrow pics from their website to show on here! Of all the aspects of web design for them to concentrate on with that website! Ugh! I can understand it for the photo galleries but not the product pages. Anyway...I tried the Henna headband on Dd and it looked ridiculous on her. She has hair to be kept out of her eyes but none in the back to cover teh band. LOL. I was thinking if there's anything left come sale time I might pick up the island headband since it's smaller.

I'm also thinking of the island broekies but I'm not sure what to put them with. Do you think they'd look cute with the mini tiered dress or strange b/c it's a diff. print?

Their stuff jsut keeps getting CUTER! I was in Heaven over Hippi Dragonfly, then when Whispey butterfly came out I was gaga, then Floaty Fish and I told my friend "IT's EVEN CUTER." Now this stuff? Oh my. I like that they pay some attention to the boy's too. I mean at least the store is about 40% boys and 60% girls, and the boys stuff isn't all bugs or trucks.

Anyone else get a giggle out of the excessive layering they do in their catalog/website? It's amusing to see just how much they try to sell you for one outfit.

kcimato
05-13-2006, 02:08 PM
I have been buying Naartjie for my granddaughter who will be 4 in Aug,since she was an infant.Sizing has always been an issue with these clothes. It's not too bad since I can now buy her 3's. The infant(baby) sizes are huge.

I know have 3 grandsons and have just started to venture into the boys size. I got an order today. I really love it. So nice and soft and the shirts don't have those awful rubbery appliques on them. I bought some 18-24 mos for the 2 1/2 y/o and they are huge. I downsized to a 6-12 mos and I think they will fit him.I'm afraid to order for the 3 year old. He is 38 in and weighs 26 lbs. Holds nothing up! I think I will try a 3.

By the way, splash is a great color. I tend to buy most of the essentials.

If your looking for ideas come on over to the Gymborebel board. There is one whole section for Naartjie discussion . Alot of people post pictures so you can get a better idea of how things look. If I had to just rely on the website we would own no Naartjie. The colors arn't even right.We also need more moms of boys over there too.

www.gymborebel.com

Melanie
05-13-2006, 02:48 PM
I am afraid to get hooked on another board!

kcimato
05-13-2006, 03:26 PM
I know the Naartjie section is very addicting but I also find it very informative.

manda7_23
05-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Hmmm... not sure about the broekies (sp?), i have seen pics of them on and they are darling but i don't think they'd go with that dress. Now, they go wonderfully with the halter in the same print. I can't wait for the sale to buy what i want b/c my DD is in the most desireable size (3) and it all sells out to quick. I do want some of those stripe halters though i think i'll wait on those.

Gymborebel is a good thing and a bad thing b/c it's so much easier to put outfits together when you see them on other children but then you may see something you never thought to put together and have to get that also. I love it, i'm on there everyday! lol...

Amanda

jennifer_r
05-15-2006, 06:57 AM
I've been soooo good this season (when it comes to Naartjie anyway). DD has ENOUGH (more than enough really) summer clothes already. So, this will be the first season in a long time when I won't be buying any - so I've been staying away from the website since I'll just get depressed.

Little OT, but, as much as I love their clothes, buying "online" is a big PITA. They really need to update their system - it would be more efficient for them too since I bet they waste alot of manpower dealing with customers on the phone (I know when I call an order in, I can be on the phone with a sales person for as long as 30 minutes.). I wish there was a store by me. sigh.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif[/img][/url]