PDA

View Full Version : Anyone (gulp) thinking ahead for T'giving or C'mas?

tlw
07-05-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm thinking of smocking several longalls with autumn/Thanksgiving/Christmas themes and need to get started now. Anyone else sew or smock? I've done lots of bishops before, but am new to picture smocking and longalls. Any pattern or plate recommendations would be great! There is a (pricey) local smocking store, but I'm always looking for online retailers, too.

p.s. please don't shoot me for being the first to mention the holidays--in JULY!

vlslusher
07-05-2006, 09:10 PM
i smock. and am working on a soccer ball plate, a pumpkin patch one, and a ballerina one (all for dd)

have you gone to the message boards on the marthapullen.com site? there is a good smocking board there.

otherwise for plates, i really like www.princessdesigns.com (her prices are the best for the imperial fabrics and are below most other sites for the plates as well) also www.kehlerklassics.com and www.wamajamasmocking. ???

ginny

heidiann
07-05-2006, 09:12 PM
YIKES christmas already LOL.... I don't sew at all but I have been picking up things for my kids for christmas, I have 4 teenagers so when things go on sale like at bath and body works i'll pick up a fews sets and put them away.
I hate to do last minute shopping.

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

jacksmom0902
07-05-2006, 10:47 PM
I don't sew but have to admit that I'm already thinking about holiday outfits for the boys!

lizajane
07-06-2006, 11:35 AM
i have already smocked a pumpkin insert for a longall for dylan.i just need to do the borders and backsmock. i can't decide if i want it to be corduroy or twill, and green or brown or khaki? or navy?

i can't spend time answering now, but will come back later with some recomendations. i have a great picture smocking book (maybe ellen mccarn?) and i use the jeffrey pattern, but don't love the square arm holes.

more later.