PDA

View Full Version : can you stand to offer more HA outlet help? pretty please?

lizajane
07-16-2006, 07:28 AM
my friend is going to the outlet in maine this week and offered to pick up things for me. i have NO IDEA what would be in the store. so i don't know where to start!!! is it all summer stuff now? fall stuff? only things from last year? or would there be stuff from this year's sale?

i only have a few catalogs reference, so i can only guess about what i would want. i know i can say we like strong stripes tees, short jons, long jons, wiggle pants... is there a way to be more specific?

is there a bargain section? for example, i would love some long jons, but can't pay $30 for them. i need two sizes (2 boys) so i wonder if that would allow me more luck in finding cheap things?

thanks thanks thanks for your advice.

Lovingliv
07-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Hey Lizajane,

The stuff in the outlet changes often. I was there two weeks ago and they were putting out zippers and stripes for $10. They did have a few rounders that said under $10, under $20. But that stuff goes quick and Maine is vacationland....so they are very busy all the time~
I would probably give them a call right when they open and tell them the sizes of your boys. Tell them you are looking for some really good deals and hopefully they won't be to busy to help you.
They also had a sale on Long johns about a week ago. They were Christmas ones, and half price!
Also, tell your friend to google the Kittery outlets website. They frequently have coupons for 20% one item at the outlet.
They just did the outlet over and it is beautiful and BIG!

AddiesMom
07-17-2006, 05:44 AM
I have been in the Kittery HA outlet once and the ladies working in there are REALLY, REALLY helpful! Take the PP's advice and call :)

I checked for the coupon last week and it looks like they don't have one for July :( This is where they usually post it: http://www.thekitteryoutlets.com/specialdiscounts.cfm

I really want to take a drive there but $3.05 a gallon gas is telling me 'No!'

kozachka
07-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Unless you count the 10% off Tuesdays for pp over 55 :). Thanks for the link. Would they let you use one of these coupons on a phone order by any chance?

Beth568
07-18-2006, 08:39 AM
When I make one of my outlet trips and offer to pick up stuff for friends, I usually ask them for sizes, general preferences and a price range. The stock does change frequently, so it's hard to know what they'll have.

If you tell your friend that you want her to spend no more than $xx total, and no more than $XX per piece, that might help.

My best bargains at the outlet have come from the irregular racks, where they sometimes have pieces with a tiny flaw at significant reductions. But you can't anticipate what's going to be there - it's really hit or miss.

I suspect they've started to put out some fall things now, and they'll probably still have stock from the recent summer sale.

Lovingliv
07-18-2006, 10:40 AM
hey Elena, I think it depends on who you get on the phone with whether they will let you use the coupon or not. One time they asked me to fax the coupon to get it to them!