PDA

View Full Version : XW Toddler shoes beside Striderite?

mom to little e
07-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Does anyone know of any shoe brands besides Striderite that come in extra wide?

Ean is wearing an XW 9 and needs new shoes for Mia's upcoming baptism. BTW, what does a little boy wear with white slacks?

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

kelly ann
07-18-2006, 01:14 PM
New Balance sells some XW shoes - I just bought a pair for DD on www.shoebuy.com

Here is one, but I am not sure how it would look for a baptism.

http://www.shoebuy.com/sb/s.jsp?&Dept=Infant&Profile=2&Size=9&GeneralWidth=EW&Req=prof&Page=3&Style=122406&Substyle=286494

Here is an New Balance all-white shoe from Zappos:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/13237715/c/14/g/kids/s/I_65536/w/5.html

Stride Rite just seems to have the best selection in XW shoes.

ETA: Stride Rite sells some oxford/saddle shoes in XW - how would those be with white slacks? If the pants are not too dressy, I think you could go with the white tennis shoes I posted above. When DD was baptized, I put DS in a nice pair of shorts with a polo shirt. Looking back, I could have dressed him up more, but I would have had to go out and buy another pair of dress shoes like you ;)

shoppinggal
07-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Have you tried See Kai Run? - they run pretty wide.

mom to little e
07-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that shoebuy.com sold Striderite! That seems a much easier way to buy the shoes with their return policies, etc, than dragging my son and daughter to the mall.

Ean is going to be wearing white slacks, a white polo shirt, and a navy blue v-neck cableknit sweater for the baptism so the oxford/saddle shoes would go. You don't think they look too much like baby shoes, do you? Even if the weather is hot, I guess he could wear the same polo and vest with shorts and the oxfords?

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

dules
07-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Sorry to jump on a soapbox, but IMO Stride Rite gets repeat customers by convincing them that their child has a wide, extra wide, or otherwise hard to fit foot.

My DD wears XW in Stride Rite but has done just fine in regular (not even wide) Jumping Jacks. JJ do come in wide as well, if you find you need it. (Nordstrom's and Zappos usually have a good selection) We've had good luck with ECCOs in their regular width as well.

I do like Stride Rite shoes, and right now we have both sneakers and sandals from there. I just don't like the semi scare tactics they use in their marketing sometimes.

Good luck finding the shoes you'll need!

Best,
Mary

P.S. Looking at Zappo's I like some of the boys' Primigis a lot as well. :)

mom to little e
07-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Ean was sized as a 9XW during the first week of July. Should I think that mid-August he will still be that size or should I get a 9 1/2 XW. I hate how quickly they outgrow shoes leaving dress shoes he has worn literally only once or twice.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

kelly ann
07-18-2006, 08:02 PM
I would go for the 9 1/2 just because I would rather get more life out of the shoes. If it is too big for him in August, then he only has to wear the big shoes for a couple hours during the baptism.

mom to little e
07-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the reply - that is what I was someone would say. :) It makes sense to be able to get a little more life out of the shoes. I think I'll hit the Striderite store the weekend of Aug 4th when we are having a sales tax exempt day.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!