PDA

View Full Version : Another Hanna size question

daniele_ut
07-20-2006, 10:11 AM
*Edited to remove pics*

In the end, I think Lori was right that 90s would work best for us as PJs. The new 80 zipper that I got is about the same size as the others after a few washings, so I think I would get a lot more mileage out of 90s.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought some gently used Hanna Zippers in 80s on Swap a few weeks ago and so far I really like them. I would like to pick up a few more to get us through the winter but I'm not sure if I should get 80s or 90s. He is 21 months, 34 inches and between 23 and 24lbs, so tall and skinny. If I go by height, he is at the bottom of the range for 90s, but he's no where near that weight. I just want to make sure we get the most use out of them, but I think I should have bought 80s several months ago to ensure that, LOL!

So, should I stick with 80s?

jennabear
07-20-2006, 10:37 AM
He's a cutie.

I would get a just few more 80's. It looks like he's got some growing room. That way by the time he may need 90's they hopefully will go on sale. (I'm not near an outlet but I always cash in on their sales and have stuff shipped to me.)

daisyandacorn
07-20-2006, 10:45 AM
I'd go with the 80's. It looks like he has quite a bit of room in them and 90's would be HUGE.

It seems like the zippers have changed and gotten bigger-I'm going by a bunch I ordered this summer compared to Chloe's old ones that just came out of her bins (2 yrs old)-her old 80's look like the new 70's so baby's wearing new 70's and older 80's at the same time. Not sure how old the ones you bought on the swap are but it may be something to keep in mind.

HTH!
Susan

daniele_ut
07-31-2006, 11:09 PM
Susan - THANK YOU for suggesting that the zippers I got used might be smaller than the newer ones. I just got a NWT one today that is definitely larger. The legs are longer by a whole cuff length, as are the sleeves. That's great news, since it means we'll get a lot more use out of the newer 80s.

sidmand
07-31-2006, 11:17 PM
I don't know if it's only on the newer ones too...I forget what they call it, but basically the cuffs can be folded up or down so that there is even more room to grow. Sawyer is about the same size as your DS (33" and 23-24 lbs.) and there's PLENTY of room in the new 80s and even some room in the old ones. The new ones I have folded over and they're still a little big.

Just in case you're going even further, 80s in pants are pretty big on him, but 80s in shirts and rompers seem to fit okay.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-01-2006, 05:28 AM
Daniele, He looks just like Nick, but thin!
Same huge expressive eyes, he is just beautiful.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

Momof3Labs
08-01-2006, 05:59 AM
Note that they shrink a fair amount during the first wash!

I'd personally go with 90's if they are for PJs - they can be a little big and you'll get a ton of use out of them.

Lovingliv
08-01-2006, 08:44 AM
I would go with a 90....more use out of them, and they are PJs. I have a hard time buying anything that "just fits" especially from hanna cause it is so much $$$$
DD has been wearing her 70 zippers for 10 months!
He is adorable!!!

nigele
08-01-2006, 08:48 AM
I would go with 90s. They might seem huge at first but the arm and leg cuffs roll really well and you'll be happy to get at least a year's worth of wear out of them!

sidmand
08-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Okay, I see these posts to get 90s, but I have to respectfully disagree. We've washed the 80s and they may have shrunk a bit, but not much. If we had 90s, DS couldn't even wear them now they'd be so huge. And most suggest that PJs be a little on the tighter side. I really think DS will be in these 80s for awhile to come and our sons seem to be about the same size. Especially looking at the picture (cutie patootie BTW) in which the old 80s seem plently big. I think the 90s will be totally swimming on him now and won't even be wearable. Unless the zippers aren't as huge a difference as the clothes.

I think the skinnyness of our boys very much outdoes the height and I would go more by the weight for zippers. Plus since there aren't any feet on the zippers, they can always be a little short next year and still be fine.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

daniele_ut
08-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Debbie - I think I tend to agree with you. The 80 he's wearing in that pic is still roomy, and the sleeves and legs can be pulled down over his hands and feet. The newer one I got has sleeves and legs that are about 3-4" longer.

If I come across a super bargain on a 90, I'll pick it up to do a comparison and if it doesn't fit I can always put it away.

daniele_ut
08-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Thank you Susan! I've always loved your avatar pic of Nick. His eyes have always reminded me of Logan's!

Momof3Labs
08-01-2006, 01:42 PM
My DS started wearing size 90 zippers to bed at 34-35" height. And when he outgrew them, it was in the torso, which doesn't have the "give" that sleeves and legs do. My DS1 was always quite skinny, but for Hannas to fit, I had to go by his height and not his weight or they would not fit him well at all.

JMHO, YMMV.

daniele_ut
08-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks Lori. I really appreciate the different views! I really wish that we were near a Hanna outlet so I could see them IRL. I ordered a sweater for him in 80 and 90 during the winter sale and there was such a huge difference in the size. I ended up returning both, and regretting it, because I couldn't decide what size he'd need for the upcoming winter. Their site does say to go by height before weight, unless your DC is skinny or heavy, and since DS is in the 3rd percentile I was torn! That is a really good point about the torso height. I hadn't considered that. I've only invested in 3 80s so far, so I think the next one I buy will definitely be a 90 to compare.

Hmmm, I just realized that we are driving through Denver next week. I wonder if DH would notice if I veered off of I-70 about 25 minutes out of the way!! Anyone been to the Flatiron Crossing store?