PDA

View Full Version : Halo Sleep Sacks up to 5T!!!

lmwbasye
07-22-2006, 04:16 PM
I saw these today in my Buy Buy Baby. They were the microfleece sleep sacks by Halo and they had a 2 - 3T size and a 4 - 5T size. Needless to say, I was thrilled since I've been looking for larger sizes and these were $19 compared to the Grobag at around $50.

Unfortunately, I just ordered 2 Grobags, so now need to figure out how to return those (and they haven't even gotten here yet). LOL!

Just thought I'd let y'all know!

punrocker
07-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Halo released them a day early on their website, on July 6th, at a special sale price (no longer valid). I know, because I was checking the website every day for nearly a month, LOL, because DS missed his sleep sacks so much! I was thrilled to see the toddler sizes beyond XL.

I ordered 4 from Halo (2 of each size, in each boy style), and they seem pretty well made. We haven't used them yet, though (too warm).

Here's more info from the Halo website (where they are $30):
http://www.halosleep.com/product_detail.cfm?pf_id=1049

http://www.halosleep.com/objects/products/CallOuts_SizeChart_web.jpg

daniele_ut
07-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Those are great looking! I love the foot openings. DS will still fit into XL this winter, but I was dreading him outgrowing that size.

swampnurse
07-23-2006, 12:35 AM
SWEET!!!! My HUGE 2 year old is just gowing out of the XL!!! Thanks for posting.

Ceepa
07-23-2006, 09:08 AM
I don't understand the foot openings. In the picture, are those cuffs? It looks like the foot holes are tiny, but maybe that's just the perspective of that photo? If these are really big sacks, then when a toddler puts his feet through the openings does he then have a huge amount of material bunched up around the rest of his body?

I'm clueless but my DS always kicks off his blankets so if this works for us, it's worth considering.

lmwbasye
07-23-2006, 10:33 AM
The foot opening is meant to make it easier for your toddler to toddle around, but on the package it says something to the effect that you do not need to use them. Either way, it will be a looooooong time before my DS can even consider using those. He is way too short. For now, I will just use it like a normal sleep sack.

Ceepa
07-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the response, Laura. I guess I just can't imagine what it would look like to have a toddler's feet sticking out of one!

updacountry
07-25-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm confused???? I stopped using those sleep sacks at like 3 months because my daughter just kept kicking her feet to get out. Now that she is crawling and standing up I think she would freak out on me if I put her in one of those. Maybe I am missing something as to when to use them. Do you put it on after they fall asleep and what happens when they wake up.
I love the idea of not having to use a blanket but.....
Does anyone else have this problem or are we an odd couple?????
Thanks

lmwbasye
07-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Liam LOVES his sleep sack and will only sleep with it. He would kick around that 3 month mark, but I always just assumed he was kicking because it was fun...not necessarily to get out. Anyway, he is crawling, walking, etc. at 21 months and we put it on him before he goes to sleep. When he wakes up in the morning, we just take him out.

I've never had any problems (except when we don't use one since he's not as cozy) and love the safety benefits. :)

egoldber
07-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Different people prefer different things. I never used sleep sacks after a couple tries. Personally, I found them to be a PITA and never missed them.

punrocker
07-25-2006, 11:12 AM
We didn't *start* using a sleep sack till DS was about 3 mos. old and kept kicking off the blanket in which he was swaddled. He slept better as a burrito (with arms free), but just couldn't stay wrapped after he discovered how to kick. As a PP said, I think he was kicking for fun, just because he *could* kick. He's never had a problem rolling, crawling, pulling up, cruising or walking in a sleep sack--he just loves wearing the darn thing, LOL. We put him in the sack before putting him in the crib.

The only reason we stopped using the XL size (cotton version) last fall was because he was at the stage where zippers fascinated him. He would always unzip the sack, then get very upset when he couldn't put the zipper back together. Plus, he's kind of lean, and would wriggle right out of the V-neck. He really missed the sleep sack, and asked for it at bedtime for a good while (sometimes to the point of tears). I think it was a comfort thing for him, like having his lovey. Once, he got into a drawer of outgrown baby clothes, and I found him trying to squeeze into a size 6-12 mos. sleep sack!

I tried the 2T/3T sack on him yesterday, and he ran all around the apt. When I finally caught him and put his feet through the openings, he looked like a little red Grimace, and didn't have any problem with mobility--and didn't want to take off the sack. He's about 38" (2" short of the maximum), and the sack was still pretty roomy.