PDA

View Full Version : how do you size for rainboots?

starrynight
07-24-2006, 10:48 AM
I've never bought rainboots before so I don't know if you need to size up or not? Dd wants them for around the house (can you tell we are Laurie Berkner fans?) and won't be wearing them over any other shoes. She just moved into size 9 in toddlers.

mommyoftwo
07-24-2006, 10:55 AM
I just bought some really cute ones at Target for Amelia for $15 which I thought was pretty reasonable. She LOVES them. The first night she went to sleep holding one boot in each arm, lol. I just bought the same size boots as she normally wears for shoes. The ones at Target seemed to run a little big but that was fine with me because it will allow her to wear them longer.

squimp
07-24-2006, 12:14 PM
We've had two pairs, here in the rainy PNW, and I just buy them in the same size as her shoes. Lands End has some cute ones - I found a pair for like $8 on their overstocks last year.

starrynight
07-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Thank you both, I will buy them in her current shoe size. :)

stefani
07-24-2006, 09:49 PM
I bought one from Target, and another from online retailer that I can't remember the name :-( I sized up by 1 size, since it seems that it is a little harder to get his feet into them when it is the same size as his shoes.

If your DD is cooperative, you may try taking her to Target and try on for sizes.

HTH!