PDA

View Full Version : Update- Photo !!!!How Kated decided to keep her Hannas

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Ok, I stressed over the cost of this until the stuff arrived. That is just a lot of money, to me, to spend on 2 outfits she will be able to wear for 3 months or so So I get the envelope knowing I will be returning the stuff, and I have to keep going back to peek inside because the colors are so pretty and the quality is obviously top notch. So then I think, maybe I 'll just try one outfit on her, just see how it looks, not that I'll keep it, but let's just see. So, I very carefully put it on , it looks so cute, but, no, that is just too much money for an outfit. I even take a picture in it. Sorry Kate, its goin' back. So as I go to take it off.... SHE PUKES EVERYWHERE!!!! And since we HAVE to keep this outfit now there really is no reason to make a trip to the PO just to return the other. Right? :)
Update

Here she is seconds before christening the outfit. I "should" know that look by now! Yes, I do know the outfit is way too big :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/goodtastenomoney/IMG_1678.jpg

Kate has nothing. for fall yet and I am considering just a few nice outfits. She is 3 months and 95% weight and height. What size should I get for her? Her waist is very thick. Is the playdress/day dress too much of a pain ( 2 parts) for a child this age?

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

jhrabosk
07-24-2006, 03:56 PM
FWIW, my DD has been over 100th percentile in both height and weight since birth. Her Hannas have been great. Don't think we did the dress/pants until this spring when she was about 6 months, so I can't comment on Kate's age group, but it was (and is) great for us.

HTH!

momathome
07-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Hannas are sized very generously - I would think they would be a good fit for your cutie pie. :)

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Thank you both, I think I will try one play dress combo. Are the ones on the website new for fall or are those color combo old? Thank you.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

squimp
07-24-2006, 05:36 PM
The ones on the website are for this coming fall. She'll be adorable in her Hannas (from one mama of a big baby girl to another).

dules
07-24-2006, 05:37 PM
If you don't love the playdress (I didn't love them till DD walked), try one of the opposite stripe baby sets - cardigan and pants, or a jeepers creepers with wiggle pants and a cardigan, or one of the new pull on pants with ringer tees/turtlesuits. These all fit babies so beautifully and the fabric is just unbelievably soft.

Have fun and welcome to the obsession! ;)

Best,
Mary

ETA the little fleece baby jackets with animal embroidery are fabulous 3-season wear. We've had one in 60, 80 and 90 and I'm so sad that they don't come any bigger because they fit so well in carseats.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Laughing here. I can not afford for this to become an obsession!
Repeat. No obsession. No obsession.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

trumansmom
07-24-2006, 09:00 PM
DD wore a playdress home from the hopital. We have loved them in every size since. :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Ok you guys I just spent $99 on two outfits! Kimono Gardens romper and a mix and match three print onesies peter pan collar thingie with some floral pants. I REALLY had to make myself hit that order button. I am going to try to get the play dress on ebay, there are a ton of them there right now.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

trumansmom
07-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Ebay is a good thing for Hanna. :) Also, are you on BBB Swap? I've gotten a LOT of Hanna for a great price, and it's nice when you *know* the mom.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

C99
07-25-2006, 01:01 AM
>Ok you guys I just spent $99 on two outfits! Kimono Gardens
>romper and a mix and match three print onesies peter pan
>collar thingie with some floral pants.

Ooooo. I am planning to get the second outfit for Rose, too! Sooo cute. And agree that the PD/DD are cute as hell when they are about 6 months, but she didn't wear them before then. Agree w/ Jeanne that you can find great used Hannas on BBB-Swap.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-25-2006, 06:36 AM
How do I get on swap, I never could get onto preggo pals (as if you guys don't get enough of me here...) I think maybe hotmail did not allow soe kind of confirmation to come through? Can't remember, thanks.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

MommyAllison
07-25-2006, 11:41 AM
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-Swap/

Allison
http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png (http://lilypie.com)

oliviasmomma
07-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the dark side!}( I was one of those people tha, pre baby, thought it was crazy to buy expensive clothes for kids. Now I realize that Hannas just last longer, DD has wiggle pants that look practically brand new and she has been able to fit into them for 6 months! No other brand fits so well or for so long. Her size 80 PD/DD from late winter will fit perfectly well into the winter, so that's about a year's worth of wear. Same goes with the zippers. That said, I buy a lot of the basics direct from the outlets (they ship) so her wiggle pants cost $3-$6, the zippers were $14. Then I don't feel so guilty for splurging on new stuff from the catalog!;)

Oh yeah, if you resell, Hanna clothes hold their value. I just can't part with it...

pampamz
07-29-2006, 09:24 AM
How do you find the stuff @ the outlets? Is it online? They ship, you say?!!

oliviasmomma
07-29-2006, 10:17 AM
You just have to call them and ask what they have. It works really well if you either know exactly what you want, or if you are flexible--like you don't care what color. If you call with the size or the item #, they can tell you if they have it and what price it is. The shipping is just like the website--kinda pricey. I usually get my order in a day, though, so it is totally worth it to me! (Ex-I love wiggle pants for DD, so when I want more, I just call, ask what colors in size 80 and how much. Last time they had pink ones for $3!!)

I've had great luck with the Michigan City store, BTW!:-)

spanannie
07-29-2006, 11:53 AM
LOL!

What size did you buy? She may very well be able to wear them for more than 3 mos! DD has been in one size for a year, and can still wear those things, even though she's in the next size up. An added bonus, is that you can sell them for top dollar later, and they don't wear out, so it's easy to keep them in good condition (as long as the baby puke doesn't stain ;-)

PS...Hanna will always except returns on laundered items. Even if you change your mind after something's been worn, they will happily accept your return.

dules
07-29-2006, 05:28 PM
LMAO! I have had that happen before. I never regretted the outfit though, once I knew I was keeping it! :)

Best,
Mary

P.S. Can we see a fashion show (minus puke) please?

Lovingliv
07-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Susan,

congrats on your first hannas! I am addicted and it is an obsession. I think they are worth every penny! I shop at the Kittery outlet and I shop the sales....not regular price for the most part. I second the fleece coats,,,,,Liv has one 70, and I bought the jungle journey coat for $15.00 at the outlet in an 80 for this year!

Let's see miss kate in her hanna!

Melanie
07-29-2006, 08:48 PM
LMAO! That is a great length to go, Little Kate.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Girl got style! Took her to the Carter's outlet today and she cried the whole time.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

smokey26
07-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Ha ha - which outfit did she "christen"?

Seriously, I know what you are saying about the outfits being expensive but they really are great quality, usually last a long time size-wise (my daughter has been in 70s for ages and wore her 60s for months and months and months too), and have good resale. Also, in my experience, the "expensive" outfits I love best (like hanna or mini boden), I tend to reach for again and again and some of the sale stuff I buy my daughter never wears. So which one is the bargain?

I love the kimono gardens romper by the way - it's so vibrant.

Julie

dules
07-30-2006, 07:05 PM
OK, Susan, sales of that outfit just went up! Oh my she is such a cutie! I am so glad she puked on it so you have to keep it. ;)

Best,
Mary

Lovingliv
07-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Oh Susan, she is sooo cute! And the outfit is adorable!

nigele
07-30-2006, 08:00 PM
What a cutie! You are going to love your Hannas. I'm glad Kate decided she had to keep them!!

Melanie
07-30-2006, 10:03 PM
CUTE!

I got those pants, too. I'm still waiting for them to arrive, though.

With this top:

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/s7Large/31151_E66.jpg

nigele
07-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Melanie,

I can't wait to see photos in this outfit! What did you get for ds to coordinate? I'm eyeing the clear green shoulder stripe tee for Tom.

kozachka
07-31-2006, 09:52 AM
Kate is such a darling, she would look cute in a rag :). And in her Hannas she looks simply delicious.

Melanie
07-31-2006, 05:07 PM
I ended up with this. It will be too busy for a portrait, but I thought it's cute for them just to wear the same day since it's the same colors:
http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/s7Large/31221_E32.jpg

The woman at the store said the clear green (boys) and citron (girls) are very close in color.

I was definitely tempted by the green shoulder-striped tee, but since it had blue in it and the girls' outfit has no blue I wanted to try to find something with *only* the same colors in it. I was tempted by the solid long-sleeve boxy t also:
http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/s7Style/19123_F66.jpg

I'm not sure why I didn't choose that, except that I love the Hanna Rugby's and I'm hopign they will again have a matching hat this year. :)

And while we're hijacking the thread into boy's clothing, I want this one, too:
http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/s7Large/31201_Q50.jpg