PDA

View Full Version : Is there a boutique maker based in Charlotte, NC?

tlw
07-24-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm going to visit a friend this week in Charlotte, and seem to vaguely remember a discussion about a boutique-brand that's based there--is it Chez Ami? Any other good shopping in Charlotte for little boys?

Thanks!

holliam
07-24-2006, 03:41 PM
They're based in Raleigh and are only open at certain times of year for end of season sales.

Holli

Pennylane
07-24-2006, 05:37 PM
There is a great outlet mall where they recently opened a gymboree outlet. They also have The Childrens Place, Stride Rite, Osh Kosh, Gap, etc.

http://www.concordmills.com/static/node356.jsp;jsessionid=agKtyFsZEOi5HbCQIY

Southpark is also a very nice mall.

http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=788

Hope this helps :)

Ann

VClute
07-24-2006, 10:26 PM
You may be thinking about the recent discussion of the Kelly's Kids warehouse sale held in Charlotte recently. KK isn't BASED there, but they did have a sale there recently. Chez Ami is in Raleigh, and their tent sale starts Thursday. (They have an "attic" sale almost every month, but only every once in a while is it a realy "down and dirty" sale.) Everything at this sale is supposed to be 5 or 10 dollars. Woot!

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05

lizajane
07-25-2006, 06:43 AM
hyjack- are you going to be there thurs, amy? i think i am going to go thurs around 9:30 and check out the madness.

tlw
07-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the clarifications and recommendations. My husband will be interviewing this fall in Raleigh, so I'll have to manipulate his campus visit to coincide with one of the monthly Chez Ami sales!

VClute
07-25-2006, 04:36 PM
I wish I *could* go on Thursday, but I'm in Richmond right now, and won't be going back to Fayetteville until Thursday afternoon. Boo! I may swing by on Saturday, though - on my way to Kids EveryWear! :) I'm a sick woman for a consignment sale! :)

mldflygirl
07-25-2006, 05:47 PM
There is a place called "Chocolate Soup" in a shopping area near Southpark Mall, and another place called "Distinctive Kids" that I think is near there too. I haven't actually shopped at either one, but I saw them when I was pregnant. And there's another little place down the road from there called "Pixie Lane".

I don't know if this is the type of shopping you're interested in, but there are some "Once Upon a Child" stores too. The one in Pineville (in the Southwest area of Charlotte) usually has nicer items than the one in Matthews (in the Southeast).