PDA

View Full Version : Another Hanna sizing question!

oliviasmomma
08-21-2006, 03:11 PM
Last year DD wore 70's for most of the winter. Her snowsuit was HUGE, though--it didn't matter because she wasn't walking anyway, but it is leaving me in a quandry for this year. SHe is currently about 33in tall and wearing 80's with room. (Her leggings, zippers and longjohns have some length left in the legs.) At first I thought, okay, get it in 80. But, do you think 90 would work? I'd hate for her to grow out of it before the end of winter--it is so freakin expensive. Also, the 90 might fit for two years--a definate bonus. But if it is too big, it will be hard for her to play in it. I'd wait--like I am for the playdresses--but the sale won't go on forever.

Also, speaking of playdresses--WWWYD about sizing given the above scenario? She has an set in 80 from last year that still fits, but if I buy another I'd want it to last until Spring. HELP!

dules
08-21-2006, 03:23 PM
My DD wore a 90 snowsuit last year. In November she was 36.5 inches and the snowsuit had plenty of room all winter. I think it would be huge on your DD.

Maybe you could find an 80 on eBay or consignment for cheap and get a 90 at the big December sale for next year? FWIW we had an 80 the year before and DD wore it twice - she HATED playing in the snow at 12-16 months.

Best,
Mary

Lovingliv
08-21-2006, 03:31 PM
I would say to stick with the 80s. My DD is just 31 inches and in 80s but can still wear her 70s.I think a 90 would be way too big....
I think pD can be a bit more versatile given the pants underneath them. I have 80s for Liv that are sooo big! You can always shrink those.....though. Good luck....sizing can be such a pain!

oliviasmomma
08-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks, I'll take the advice and stick with the 80's. Why is this so much harder as DD gets older?