PDA

View Full Version : What age is too old for pilot hats?

Lovingliv
08-21-2006, 07:57 PM
So I purchased Liv a couple of pilot hats in a small. They still look adorable. Just wondering how old is too old for pilot hats?

oliviasmomma
08-21-2006, 09:07 PM
I dunno, my Livvy is the same age (younger by five days) and still wears them! I'm thinking at least until two or so--or until she can't stand them. I love the thinner ones for fall--she wore hers almost every day last year.

heidiann
08-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Does any of you ladies have a pic with your little one in a pilot cap? I have thought about buying Jill one but would love to see a pic other than on the website.
Thanks,
Heidi

Lovingliv
08-22-2006, 06:40 AM
Thanks! She wore both a fall one and a winter lined one everyday last year as well. I think they are so cute! It really is the only hat she will keep on!

Lovingliv
08-22-2006, 06:41 AM
Sorry, I don't!

SummerBaby
08-22-2006, 10:21 AM
My DD wore a winter pilot cap all last winter she was between 15-19 months. They are great to wear underneath a hood- really keeps the ears warm, and they tie so little prying hands can't get them off. I don't think your DD is too old at all. I'd buy another one this year, but I think DD's head will be too big.

Val
Mom to Madeline
7/28/04

SummerBaby
08-22-2006, 10:29 AM
I think this pic will work.....

If not, try

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZs2TNo1atGeZ

BTW- I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Hanna sherpa fleece bear-ears jacket she's wearing. She wore that almost every day last winter. It was warm enough on all but those few bitterly cold days you get in January, even for upstate NY winters, and it wasn't too bulky for the car seat. And it washed really well too.

Val
Mom to Madeline
7/28/04

NatalieM
08-22-2006, 01:29 PM
ITA about the sherpa fleece jacket. DD wore it a lot last year with her pilot caps. It was definitely a favorite for us! I plan on getting her more pilot caps in a larger size and shes 15 months. I'll be putting them on her for as long as she can fit into them. HTH

kboyle
08-22-2006, 06:19 PM
last year i got charlie a medium and i just dug it out (literally, just now, ok, it's still on our coat rack ;) ) and it actually still fits his head, i measured and his head's about 19"....and sadly enough mine is only 20"...wow, i've got a tiny head! OR charlie just has a big one!

anyway....and i got max an xs last year and it's DEFINATELY too small, so i'll be ordering a small for max this year and a large just in case charlie's head decides to have a growth spurt, and maybe, if i'm lucky it'll fit my head and i can have a hat when it's sledding time!

my kids HATE hats, so i'll be putting these on their head till they don't fit in them anymore, charlie surprisingly doesn't mind it on...right now he's sporting the hat, thomas undies on backwards, and a white hanes T...oh, and his crocs :) my little fashionable one!

pics deleted

heidiann
08-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks ladies for the pics, the hat looks adorable on. I think i'll be ordering Jillian one with my next hanna order.
Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05