PDA

View Full Version : Any recs for moderately priced brown leather boots for girls?

mum2girls
08-21-2006, 08:13 PM
I like these boots from Target:

[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000F70OZE.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_V52964370_.jpg[/image]

I would be happier with plainer and flatter, but these are OK.

Anyway, there are plastic. I always get leather for the girls' shoes, but was initially thinking that manmade would be OK for something fun. Then I realized how many outfits that the boots would look cute with and really didn't want them to have to wear plastic often.

Does anyone have suggestions of similarly styled and reasonably priced leather boots?

TIA!

2zeke
08-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Gap has some leather ones, but my 6 year old dd did not think they were comfortable. I recently found her a pair at Nordstrom.com. Here is the link:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2897397?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=Born+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresults

They are $59 which is a much better price than most I found in the bigger kid sizes. I also like that they are comfort styled, have the side zip, and are a simple style that will go with lots. My dd will be running around the playground in them, so I need something that will stand up to that. The SA told me that if she wears them for a while and they aren't comfortable we can still take them back.

HTH ~

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

dules
08-21-2006, 09:44 PM
We have these from Target: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/mgebay/targetboots.jpg

They are suede and the soles are nice and flexible. DD loves them (wore them out to play with shorts and a tee on an 85 degree day last week. :))

Best,
Mary

trumansmom
08-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Old Navy has these:

http://www.oldnavy.com/Asset_Archive/ONWeb/Assets/Product/399/399812/category/on399812-01viv01.jpg

But, we're probably going to get the same pair Mary got. They did seem very flexible.

ETA: WOO HOO!!! That's the first time I've ever embedded a picture properly. :) Go me!!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

kalebsmama
08-21-2006, 10:03 PM
I picked up the same pair Mary! Haven't had a chance to try them on Kate yet though! Of course, she's been wearing her rainboots all summer in 85-90 degree sunny weather!

thomma
08-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Mary-
When did you buy those? Recently? I may have to make a trip to Target. They are adorable!

Kim
t&e 5/03

dules
08-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Kim,

Yes, this was last week. I have two Targets near me. I got 9's at the first one and they seemed impossibly huge but they did not have an 8. The other Target had an 8 and it turned out to be a bit small.

The SA said they had just come in in the last week or so. They also had T straps in the same color/applique style and also plain dark brown and pale pink T straps.

I never "got" the Target shoe allure until now. :)

Best,
Mary

dules
08-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Jan, how are you? :)

Rain boots are another favorite here. I have to keep an eye out for new ones for Fall since the Old Navy ones (that DD wanted to sleep in when we got them, lol) are going to be small...

What are your favorite picks for Fall thus far? Kate and Sophie tend to have similar taste...or maybe it's you and me, lol. ;)

Best,
Mary

2zeke
08-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Unfortunately, the "allure" ends once you pass size 13. Nikki used to have lots of shoes from Target, but not anymore. Enjoy it while you can. :-)

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

thomma
08-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks Mary! Looks like I *will* be going to Target this weekend. :)

Kim
t&e 5/03

stillplayswithbarbies
08-23-2006, 10:30 PM
I saw some similar to that at Marshalls and I believe they were leather.

Marshalls has great kid's shoes.

mum2girls
08-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks, everyone!

I was at Marshalls yesterday and they definitely have the best selection of leather ones. There were lots of Stride Rite, too, but not a single one in either girls' size (8 and 11). I think I'll have to hit another Marshalls soon to try to snag some!

kalebsmama
08-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi Mary! Doing great!

Yes, I think our girls have had a number of matching outfits! Matter of fact, I'm getting ready to call and finalize a Naartjie order that contains a number of things that I've seen Sophie modeling recently!:P

Other than that, I've got a large MB order that I need to try and decide what to send back! And, I've got a couple of Hanna things too - brown poet skirt with berry bloom lettuce edge top, and berry bloom ruffle skirt to go with the Pippi shirt from TCP.

I really need to concentrate on preschool clothes since she will be going 4 days/week. She's too messy to wear her good clothes!