PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for homemade Halloween costumes?

hudsonam
08-22-2006, 10:21 AM
I love some of the ones on Babystyle and some of the other sites, but I keep feeling like I should try to make DS something. My mom used to sew my costumes, but I can't go that far (no sewing machine or sewing experience). But I was thinking maybe orange PJs and black felt for a tiger costume, or something like that. Has anyone made a costume for their child? What did you make and how did you make it?

TIA!
Anne Marie

Melanie
08-24-2006, 01:03 AM
Ds is going to be a gnome. =) He's almost 5, though. I'll be using wool felt and embroidery thread to make/stitch a hat, then also cut out and make a vest that way. I think I'll try to do a rope for a belt, and he'll wear a plain button-down/casual top, over baggy pants and his winter boots. I'm also going to make a white beard, but I'm still figuring out how I will do that part.

mapg
08-24-2006, 03:49 AM
I've done black cat costumes, blacl leggings and turleneck with the ears and drawn on whiskers, it is really cute. One year I saw a little boy who was a duplo block. The mom spray painted a small box, cut arm holes and a spot for his head and then made the top to go on his head. It was really cute. One of the parenting magazines will have ideas in the October issue.

JTsMom
08-24-2006, 06:41 AM
http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/specialfeature/halloween_ms_costumes/

HTH- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this magazine.

hudsonam
08-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the ideas! And that magazine has such cute ideas! I do get that, but I didn't notice if that was in the last issue we got.

JTsMom
08-24-2006, 01:24 PM
It wasn't, but I remembered them having them last year, so I went to the site to see if they'd be there.