PDA

View Full Version : Will Gymboree have Circle of Friends or any other sale soon?

CiderLogan
08-22-2006, 01:47 PM
I am eyeing some pieces from earlier Gymboree lines, and I don't want them to be gone by the time I go to buy them, but I'll wait if there's a sale coming up soon. I am somehow on their list for those occasional 30% off coupons, and I'd love to be able to use one of those! Anyone know if there's anything like that scheduled for soon?

Edited to fix typo....

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

safarimom
08-22-2006, 06:01 PM
There is a rumor that there may be a sale over Labor Day weekend per the manager at my local store. However, she didn't give any real specifics & it is apparently largely dependent upon how sales go on the newer lines between now & then. I'm not sure if it's the Baby Sale that was mentioned on my Gymboree Visa statement I recently received or not. The Pretty in Plums line was just reduced to "up to" 20% off & "up to" 40% off for the Cherry Pie line. Gymbucks earnings begins this Thursday also.
HTH

CiderLogan
08-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Thanks! I guess I'll fall into the Gymbucks earning thing again, then! :) I'll go ahead and get what I want since it's big kid sizes anyway - I think I can put them on hold until tomorrow, right?

Thanks again!

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

safarimom
08-23-2006, 08:40 AM
They do 24 hour holds, so yes you could pick them out today & have them held for tomorrow. I do that all the time so I avoid the mad rush during Gymbucks redemption. I'm getting the distinct feeling in my area that sales have not been as great as expected & there is ALOT of merchandise left on the shelves from the pretty in plums & primrose lines. I think it might be because it's been so hot that nobody wants to buy long sleeves, corduroy & sweaters yet. Guess we will wait & see if there is a big sale in the near future.

safarimom
08-24-2006, 05:59 AM
Just heard a "rumor" that there MAY be a Circle of Friends Sale around Labor Day weekend.

xmasbabycomin
08-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Does anybody know what size the "baby sale" maxes out at?
Is it just layette, or what?
thanks,

safarimom
08-25-2006, 07:00 AM
From the rumor I heard, the Baby Sale will include newborn & baby girl/boy lines so I'd say up to a size 5T.

jordan1212
08-29-2006, 06:45 PM
If anyone gets the family of friends code, please post it here. I could really use it!! Thanks.

jadamom
08-30-2006, 07:46 AM
According to Gymbohaven.com:

"Labor Day Sale...extra 20% off your purchase... seems like sale items only!!"

"Baby Sale! Its coming! Sept 7th Last time they had entire lines marked down and it was a steal!"

"Circle of Friends!! 30% off total purchase - sale and full price items, cards handed out in store during Labor Day Sale. For those shopping online the code is FRIEND or CIRCLE. September 15-17"

08-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Thanks.

I did really well at the Baby Sale last year, and was looking forward to it again. Too bad it doesn't seem to overlap with Circle of Friends--last year I think the Baby Sale only lasted a week and the sleepers and blankets (what I got for $10 a piece) cost more later at COF. I'll have to remember and break up what I buy.

Again Thanks,

Christine W

CiderLogan
08-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the info! Well, I broke down and bought a few things last week because DH was with me and approved, and we couldn't resist. :) Am I right in thinking I should try to re-buy them during one of these sales and then take back my original purchase? (Rather than return for a refund, since I know they won't do that.) I have 30 days to make a return for a full refund, right?

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

safarimom
08-30-2006, 03:51 PM
If you purchased anything within 7 days from one of these sales starting, you can get a price adjustment. You just have to get there before the 7 days is up. I purchased stuff last Thurs & Fri so I'm going to get back there tomorrow & get my extra 20% off. Hopefully, they won't take away my Gymbucks. That's the only issue I'm really worried about.

colleenfs
08-31-2006, 08:50 PM
I just went in for a PA today on items I bought on Monday. I would have lost a GB, but I was allowed to pick up a few extra small things to make up the difference and retain my GB.

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."

CiderLogan
09-01-2006, 09:49 AM
I did the same thing. Of course, I found more new things to buy so ended up paying $2 more instead of getting a refund for my PA. But I got a whole new outfit for DD1 -- all in all, about $68 for 3 outfits for the girls, not bad!

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06