PDA

View Full Version : SwaddleMe & Halo Sleepsack?

ekorda
08-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Does anyone have experience with these products? Are they worth putting my my registry? I have heard the Sleepsack is great, but have heard mixed reviews about the SwaddleMe. Opinions/experiences??
Thanks!

mommyoftwo
08-22-2006, 05:17 PM
IME, the swaddleme is worthless. Spend the extra money and get the miracle blanket. It was truly a miracle for use and we ended up with three of them because we couldn't live without them. My very tiny dd could wiggle out of the swaddleme in a flash and it never really swaddled her up tight. The miracle blanket worked for us for months and she slept much better with it. You can often find them used on swap for much less than full price.

xmasbabycomin
08-23-2006, 01:37 AM
We've had good luck with the swaddleme and the halo sleepsack. Baby didn't have a prob w/wiggling out of swaddleme, although she did grow out of the smaller sized one quickly (she was almost 9 lbs @ birth). I think the Miracle Blanket is more onesizefits all. Basically, MOST (not all) babies like to be swaddled for the first few months, then seem to want to wiggle. So, you'll prob. want a swaddleme or miracle blanket for the start, then sleepsacks for later. BTW, sometimes you can find sleepsacks at TJMAXx or Marshall's cheaper.

AddiesMom
08-23-2006, 05:56 AM
I only used the Swaddle Me for about 2 weeks, someone else I know had to swaddle her son for about 4 months. I use the Halo Sleepsack every day, I have both the fleece and summer weight ones. I actually needed some for this fall in the next size (they are about $24) and a fellow BBB'er posted that Gap.com has their version on clearance for $7.99. I got 3 for the price of one Halo! They just came and they are really nice, almost nicer than the Halo ones. I also used last winter some of the Carter's long sleeved sacks, they come in one size, 0-9 months and run about $10.

Moneypenny
08-23-2006, 09:18 AM
DD didn't like to be swaddled, so we didn't need any swaddling aids. We didn't get the sleepsacks until she was maybe 7 months old. Before she could roll over I just covered her with a light blanket. It was once she got really mobile and it was cooler weather that I thought she needed the extra warmth from the sleepsack.

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]

megs4413
08-23-2006, 09:20 AM
I really loved the SwaddleMe. we only registered for one, but ended up getting three more. DD used them all the time until she outgrew the newborn size. HTH!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
08-23-2006, 09:30 AM
For us the SwaddleMe was useless. My SIL let me borrow one that she got from a friend. None of us seemed to be able to use it! DD loved being swaddled tightly and you just can't do that with the SwaddleMe. We also have a Sleepsack which we haven't tried yet because it's still so warm. I don't know if it will work because DD hates having her legs constrained. We LOVED the Miracle Blanket and actually ended up buying three because she was using it for every nap and at bedtime. For us, the Miracle Blanket was a lifesaver and totally worth the money!

mctlaw
08-23-2006, 10:32 AM
We swaddled for 3 months and had a several Swaddlemes in different fabrics, with widely different results. The best, by far, is the flannel. You can get a tight swaddle with it because the fabric has little to no give, unlike the cotton and fleece, which are very stretchy, thus easier for the baby's arms to escape from. Our baby Houdini could get out of those, but not the flannel. The cotton was the easiest to escape from.

I have heard good things about the Miracle blanket, but never had one.

Now we use the sleepsacks, which work really well for us after the first 3 months. I recommend having about 3-4 of those.

Sillygirl
08-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Another vote for the Carter's sleep sacks if your child will be 3-9 months during cold weather. They are cheaper than the Halos by quite a bit and have sleeves. I know the sleeves have some theoretical SIDS risk but cold arms are not pleasant at any age.

xmasbabycomin
08-24-2006, 10:36 PM
I prefer the Halo since you can wear them with or
without jammies underneath. We don't have really
cold weather, so we just adjust what's under the
cotton sleepsack for weather (onesie all the way
to flannel feeties). Also, I don't know if the
Carter's or other brands zip down. It's a nice
feature of the Halo brand, so the zipper doesn't
get in baby's way, and so they can't unzip it
as easily!

HallsofVA
08-25-2006, 09:16 PM
We used the Halo sleepsacks until DS was about 18 months or so, and highly recommend them. When we first started using them about about 2 months or so, DS started sleeping through the night. We found that as long as we didn't dress him too warmly under the sleepsack, he slept really well. We had both the winter and summer ones. At the time, the winter/fleece ones were much better quality than the summer weight ones, but I think that may have improved since then (it's been a few years.)

On most websites I've seen lately, the Halo sleepsacks are 19.99. On sites like Babycenter, you can often find a discount code or sale price that may discount the price even further.

mariza
08-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Halo recently came out with a Swaddle Sleepsack. It has a "wrap" that goes around the Sleepsack and velcros shut. I got one at Target.come with free shipping during their baby sale and a 10% off code. It is all cotton and very soft. I haven't used it yet because this baby refuses to come out, but I'll post a review as soon as I get real use of it. Even if the swaddle part doesn't work well, it's the same price as a regular sleepsack which I would buy anyway, so you really can't lose.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_1/602-5819302-4830239?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BTJUGA

DD is 19 months and I still use the regular sleepsacks for her. Just got her an XL from Target.com, which is really huge on her right now, but it will last a long time. I previously had the fleece but just got a cotton one for the summer. It washed up really well and didn't shrink at all (I was kinda hoping it would!)
She kicks blankets off all the time, so I plan to keep her in sleepsacks for a long time :)

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"
and soon to arrive "Thing 2"

atlcombs
08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
I have both and have used both. I liked the swaddle me for the first few weeks that DD#2 was home. She slept soo much better swaddled and it kept her cozy and warm. I now use the sleep sack on her and so far she seems to like it just fine. I would say register for both and try them out. You can always resell them! HTH!
~gina

scoop22
08-30-2006, 06:21 PM
When we got the swaddleme blanket our DS started sleeping through the night. (2 months) I would wait before you try them. We bought these as gifts and they have had similiar results. We even bought the large size.. We loved it..