PDA

View Full Version : HA Training Pants & Underwear

mom to little e
08-23-2006, 10:33 AM
It is time for us to get some training pants and soon, underwear! :) Do these ever go on sale and if yes, for how much? I'm thinking of the three-pack briefs.

Thanks!
Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

audball
08-23-2006, 10:52 AM
I have never seen them on sale, but I don't check regularly. You may try calling the outlets from the on-line site page and seeing if they have any in the store - they have always been very helpful.

FWIW, we bought these for DD when she was potty training and they were great! The cotton is soft, the middle is thicker (to prevent leaking), and they hold up great wash after wash. I also liked how they didn't bunch up as much in the seat area as some other training pants...they felt more like regular underwear to DD.

I love their underwear (both tops and bottoms). I know it's a lot, especially when compared to Hanes, for example. But DD has some clothing sensitivity issues and it's well worth it for us to buy something we *know* she will wear vs. a package of undies sitting in the closet. The tank undershirts are nice enough to wear as tops too, when it's hot! :)

2zeke
08-23-2006, 11:07 AM
I don't remember them ever going on sale. We bought about three packs last January when my ds potty trained. They were well worth it. He has been both day and night trained for several months but still wears his Hanna trainers as his night time undies (just in case). Last night for the first time in about three months he had a little accident, but the trainers contained it. I think they were well worth it. My dh agreed. I think it was the only time he's ever told me to buy more of something Hanna that wasn't on sale. ;-)

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

vdrake71
08-23-2006, 12:21 PM
I just wanted to mention that the underwear goes on sale. We just opened a new box (3 pack) for my son this morning that I bought on sale.

squimp
08-23-2006, 11:18 PM
I picked some up on sale at the stores during the summer sale. 20% off $8 for a 3-pack. The next big sale would be early December, but I'm not sure they'll discount the undies. Have you called CS to see if any outlets have them?

zuzu
08-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Yes. And we're waiting for the $8 price again to get some more, though I'd pay full pricce if I had to. They're that comfortable and durable.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

supercalifragilous
08-24-2006, 11:52 PM
DD LOVES these. They're expensive, but you can totally see why when you compare them with the Hanes ones. No exposed elastic!!!

I've never seen the training pants on sale, but I do see underwear on sale and when I do, I stock up on them. They have larger sizes at the outlets too (they will ship to you if you call them). Even on sale, the color/printed ones are a little more (like $2, I think).

Of course you can usually get a deal by buying 2 packs (2 for $32, or 1 for $18), but when they have their sale, it's way better.

DanielleGuidry
09-04-2006, 03:04 PM
This is a little off from the topic, but here is a potty training tip. I found that if I put my child in real underwear (after his/her fist BM) and then put a pull up on over the panties, my children hated it when they accidentally wet themselves! The pull ups would keep the urine from leaking on the floor, but the panties would disperse the urine very uncomfortably throughout their pull up!

Now training for poopy was a little harder, but we mastered "number one" very quickly using that strategy.

2zeke
09-04-2006, 04:03 PM
That's a good tip, and it works for some. Unfortunately, it didn't work with either of my kids. :-( Apparently, they didn't mind that wet feeling. The underwear with the old style plastic pants on over the top worked better, but training underwear by themselves worked the best to get them to use the potty. At first, it also worked the best to get me to use our carpet cleaner. *sigh* The price of parenting. ;-)

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

hardysmom
09-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Too funny. I can relate.

We also skipped pull-ups b/c Hardy didn't mind wet underwear, but HATED if the legs of his pants were wet. We went straight for "big boy" undies and he was totally trained at 2.5 in about 10 days. Actually, during those 10 days, I usually kept his bottom bare in the house so I could get to the bathroom quickly.

Stephanie

mom to little e
09-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Thank you for the tip! I was feeling a bit "over" accidents today. DS peed twice while naked (ugh) then went poopie on the potty (yea) but while I was upstairs so sat down on the carpet before wiping.

Two steps forward...ten steps back...patience...patience.... :)

I'm going to try the pull-up over the TPs tomorrow.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!