PDA

View Full Version : Just a suggestion on photo sharing

Melanie
08-25-2006, 10:20 AM
First of all, those who use PhotoShop may find this information useful:

How To Add a Text Watermark Over a Photo in Photoshop 5.5 or higher
http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/ht/apswatermark.htm

And second, I've found it really easy to use www.photobucket.com (or whatever free service you like, I think you can link with shutterfly as well) to host photos.

The benefit to this is that you control how long they are seen, without having to come back here and edit your old post to remove them, thus bumping old posts back up to the top.

I simply delete or move them in my album and they no longer will show up here (or wherever shared).

HTH someone.

Melanie
08-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Okay, I'll confess, I'm bumping this b/c I detest seeing old threads moved to the top to have photos deleted.

trumansmom
08-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the tip!!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Tracey
08-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Something else I wanted to add. On photobucket, you can also password protect your photos. If you wanted to share photos, but didn't want the general internet public to see them, you could ask people (recognizable BBB people) to PM you for the password if they want to see the pictures. Everyone has a different comfort level with what they want to share. Just an idea.

Melanie
08-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Oh yes, that's another good point you bring up about photobucket. You can password protect your album but still show individual photos. THat keeps someone from snooping around in your albums when you just wanted to share 1 picture.