PDA

View Full Version : ebay problem- advice sought

BeachBum
08-25-2006, 01:44 PM
The items were described in the title as a lot of jeans, 2 pair. The page description lists them as
"
BOYS GAP LOT

SIZE 12-18 MTHS

BRAND-GAP

STYLE-JEANS

COLORS-BLACK JEANS & NAVY JEANS

CONDITION- EXCELLENT CONDITION"

I got them today and the "navy" pair aren't jeans. They are twill pants, but to be fair they are jeans "style".
I am very disappointed. I would have never purchased them if I had known. I paid roughly $10(inc shipping) for them. What should I try to work out with the seller. Any advice appreciated. This is my first time with a "problem" transaction.

newmomto3kids
08-25-2006, 02:51 PM
I think it depends on what you think would resolve the issue. Do you want to return them for a refund or have some money taken off the total? I think I would probably write the seller an email in a neutral tone and say just what you said above.
I know how frustrating it is when you don't get what you are expecting.
Good luck!!

dules
08-25-2006, 02:59 PM
I agree with the PP. The seller might be willing to offer them to a second chance bidder (the next highest bidder) if you don't want them. It does sound like a miscommunication, though.

Good luck.

Best,
Mary

hardysmom
08-25-2006, 08:42 PM
I sell on ebay and while problems are rare, they do happen. Most sellers (though not all) will offer to knock a couple of bucks off the price if an item was not correctly described. Personally, I am with you that jeans are denim, pants are twill so you have an honest gripe.

Shipping via USPS Priority was probably $4 ish so that will limit your refund. If you ship them back, your shipping charge will probably be more than the refund.

You could probably recover $$ is you paid for the non-jeans by dropping them at a consignment store. Unless the seller already left your feedback, it probably isn't worth making a big deal. I hope the seller is nice, most sellers really cherish their feedback so they probably will be nice.

Stephanie