PDA

View Full Version : how much does MB shrink???

megv
08-27-2006, 07:30 PM
help...I have developed MB addiction for my DS! He is 21mos and maybe 26-28lbs. The shirts in 18-24mos are very slightly large on him, which I think means they will fit perfectly after washing. However, I want these shirts to last all winter. The 2-3 seem pretty big...so how much shrinkage should I really expect? I absolutley love love love the shirts we bought but want to make sure I pick the right size for the price. FWIW, the pants we bought (plaid flannels and camos) are a good fit with a bit of room in 18-24mos. the 2-3 were way too long.

thanks for any pointers! we love our new MB stuff :-)

meg

keann24
08-27-2006, 07:41 PM
I would go with the 2-3 if you want them to last all winter. My daughter is 23 pounds, 32 inches, and we are doing 18-24. They are big, but Miniboden does shrink a little. I am regretting buying 12-18 for Spring/Summer because she has outgrown everything and we have at least a month of warm weather left!

dules
08-27-2006, 07:52 PM
The girls' clothes we had last year shrank significantly (knit tops especially). We had size 2-3 and they *just* lasted through the winter, when DD went from about 35 inches to 37 or so.

Best,
Mary

hudsonam
08-27-2006, 08:01 PM
I washed DS's new shirts once so far, and they didn't seem to shrink much, if at all, but I don't know of they shrink more each time you wash them or not. I'm hoping the 24 month stuff I got him fits all winter. He's 20 months now, and about 24 lbs and 33 inches. The 24 month size fits him pretty loosely, so at your son's weight, I'm thinking you might be best with the next size up, just to be on the safe side. It's so hard to decide. Last year I got him 24 month pants thinking he'd grow into them, and he literally never did. Luckily they'll fit him this year, but I worry about the stuff I got him so far this year. My luck he'll suddenly have a growth spurt. Good luck! :)