PDA

View Full Version : Button fell of my new Hanna playdress!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
08-28-2006, 02:20 PM
I ordered a Hanna playdress/daydress by calling up an outlet. It was only $17 and change because it is short sleeved. I washed it, DD wore it, and I washed it again and the button fell off when I went to put it on her again! I emailed Hanna and they told me to call the outlet because they have different return policies. I emailed back and asked if that was the case, why does the packaging from the outlet have their "unconditional guarantee" printed on it? I was told my email was being forwarded to a customer service manager. In the meantime, I need to call the outlet, but if they don't have anymore in her size I am going to be upset because I have the matching socks and they would just go to waste. I know it's from the outlet, but I figured it was just overstock since it has the original price tag with $38 on it. Is all the outlet stuff lesser quality or is this just a fluke? Plus, I am really upset that a button would fall off an infant's dress so easily. Glad I found it, not DD. Anyone else have problems with Hanna outlet?

mommyoftwo
08-28-2006, 02:24 PM
It sounds like a fluke to me because we have the same dresses that we got from the outlet (yes, they were overstock) and they have been worn multiple times already with no problems. You should just be able to sew the button back on and not need to return the dress, right?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-28-2006, 02:26 PM
I wouldn't do anything but sew the button back on, do you have it?
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

Mommy Of A Little Angel
08-28-2006, 02:30 PM
I guess it just really annoys me that she only wore it once and it's already falling apart. That mixed with the annoyance that a button falling off is not safe for a baby makes me not want to just sew it back on. I guess I am just annoyed, but I feel like Hanna stuff shouldn't do that so quickly!

Lovingliv
08-28-2006, 03:11 PM
i have bought a TON from the outlet and not had a problem. I have also purchased off ebay and swap with no problem. I am guessing this dress just had a loose button...could happen to any dress IMO.
However, I can understand that you are upset because it is a choking hazard.
Is the dress truly "falling apart" / bad quality or is it just the button issue?
If it is truly falling apart, I would send it back. If not, and you don't mind the labor sew the button back on.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
08-28-2006, 03:49 PM
I think you are right - just a loose button. But, I called the outlet just to see what they could do. They are SO nice there. The manager told me to mail it back and they would send me a new one and refund the shipping. I thought that was really nice of them. I have bought other things from the outlet and never had this problem - probably just a defective button. I was really happy with how nice they are about the whoel situation. The Michigan City outlet is definately the best.

Lovingliv
08-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Glad they made it right for you!

emmiem
08-28-2006, 07:47 PM
20 people could have tried that dress on and made it loose. People are handling the merchandise all day long. It is just a button. Easily fixable.
Michele