PDA

View Full Version : Naartjie sizing and favorites?

KrisM
08-28-2006, 10:30 PM
I've searched posts and I think I've come up with shirts run okay and pants run big? Does that sum it up correctly?

DD is 3 months, about 14-15 lbs, and maybe 25 inches. She's been in 3-6 month size for about 4 weeks now. Can I safely buy 6-12 month for winter clothing? Or, should I get smaller pants? We use cloth, if that makes a difference.

Also, what are your favorite outfits for baby girls? I am having a tough time putting things together and would love suggestions.

newmomto3kids
08-29-2006, 08:16 AM
I think the pants run very wide in the waist. Very wide. My average sized almost 2 yo is wearing 18-24 months and the waist is still huge.
Your DD might still be in the smaller size in the winter. I think the 6-12 might be huge. I would suggest taking her measurements and calling the store and seeing what they suggest. They have always been helpful.
As for favorite outfits, I like to mix and match. A patterned top with plain essentials pants. A top in striped firefly with contrasting fuschia pants. An essentials top with striped essentials pants. I did buy one skirt but on a little one I think it looks ridiculous.
Good luck, I love Naartjie, in fact my "baby" is starting Kindergarten today in her new naartjie dress from the summer line.

KrisM
08-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks for your help. I'll measure her tomorrow and call that in.