PDA

View Full Version : LE Hooded Sport Squall Jacket vs. Squall Parka

iujen94
08-29-2006, 10:38 AM
We live in NC so we need something warm enough for the occasional snow day but not TOO warm (no need for a down coat here, thankfully!) I've been looking at the Squall Jacket and Squall Parka from Lands End. Does anyone have or has anyone seen both of these that could compare them for me? Also, do the sleeves on either have the adjustable Velcro flaps that seem to help mittens stay on (they don't look like it in the picture but I can't believe a $50 coat wouldn't have these!!)? Thanks!

holliam
08-29-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm in NC too and we had an LLBean jacket similar to these both last year and did not wear it once. So, I went with a slightly lighter-weight one, Expedition Jacket, from Hanna this year.

Holli

squimp
08-29-2006, 03:56 PM
We had the parka, and really liked it. It's nice that it sorta covers their bottoms. The Parka had velcro closure cuffs - very nice. It's a great coat - ours has been through 2 kids and still looks nearly new.

jhmom
08-29-2006, 04:09 PM
We have the Squall Parka for Oregon winters (cold but very little snow) and we LOVE it. The Parka is longer than the regular coat and as the PP said, I like that it covers his bottom. It has held up great!!

Kerri

mom to little e
08-29-2006, 04:21 PM
I was just wondering the same thing. We are close to NC and if it snows it may be just once or twice during the year. I want DS to be warm since his montessori school will be going out to play for short periods but he is such a warm body, I don't want him to be too hot. I'll check out the HA Expedition jacket. Does it run pretty true to size?

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!