PDA

View Full Version : Where to find "slim" pants for a boy?

icunurse
08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Admittedly, I am not a huge shopper. Hopefully, someone here can help me out, as I keep reaching a dead end. DS has outgrown 24 months pants (finally!) and the length of 2T is just a bit long. However, every pair of regular size pants I put on him has WAY too much room in the waist. I purchased a pair of adjustable waist jeans and even with moving the sides 5 spaces each, they still had over an inch of hanging material. I see on ebay that people sell "slim" pants - where are they finding them?! I have checked all of the usual stores... Any tips would be much appreciated!
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!

newmomto3kids
08-29-2006, 06:10 PM
I know Levi's makes slim jeans. I don't really know where you can get them though. You might try Kohl's, Penneys, KMart or WalMart for slim styles.
I don't remember seeing slim styles at the Gap or Old Navy, but you might be able to find an adjustable waist pair there that does not gap too much.
I find that I have to look lots of places to find clothes to fit each of my different shaped kids.
Have you tried elastic waist pants, they were a godsend at this age.
Good luck!!

trumansmom
08-29-2006, 06:57 PM
I second everything she said. Levis are great for skinny kids, and LE climber pants are a staple in DS' wardrobe.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Maromy
08-29-2006, 07:11 PM
I found some Levis for my DD at Target. She is slim and has a small waist and they are great!

Amy

icunurse
08-29-2006, 07:45 PM
I have checked all the "mainstream" stores around here (Kohl's only had regulars, as did Sears, JC Penney, etc). Target, for some reason, only carries slim in girls, not boys (I think it is even that way on their website). Thanks for the help, though! :)
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!

schums
08-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Lands End carries Little Boys (elastic back) and Boys jeans in slim. I LOVE their elastic backed jeans -- they fit DS really well.
http://landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_52357_53493_106719_85166_5:view=1188,00.htm l?sid=8552160946039175980&CM_MERCH=SRCH

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

kalebsmama
08-29-2006, 08:49 PM
My DS has always been super skinny and many pants look terrible on him. We've had the best luck with LE climbers pants. They don't look too baggy on him.

Talbots Kids also fit him well. They have some slim styles, but even some of their regular elastic waist pants fit well. I always buy a pair of khaki pants there for church, and have had a couple of other styles that fit great! Watch for sales!

trumansmom
08-29-2006, 09:00 PM
You might be okay with regular Levis. They were the first pair of non-elastic jeans DS was able to wear and we got some as hand me downs, and they still fit.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Thatchermom
08-29-2006, 11:54 PM
We had the same problem. Really I am only finding slims consistently now that he is out of the toddler sizes and into 5's. Gap, Old Navy, Gymboree, everyone carries slims in his current size. Gymbo's slims are pretty new I think, so I'm not sure what sizes they come in. This was part of why I hated the Pampers with all the print on them - they were always showing on DS's low-riding jeans!

kboyle
08-30-2006, 09:07 AM
this may not help, but charlie is a skinny mini too, and now that he's out of the size 2T/24mo i have gotten away with getting him sz 4 or 5 slims at gapKIDS, they carry slim, not babygap. but i noticed that the 5slim waist was smaller than the 3t waist, so they are long, but once the weather gets cooler i just might cuff or get them altered. since i got them on sale they are actually cheaper than babygap jeans and will last much longer if i decide NOT to alter..he kinda looks "cool" when they are just cuffed!

have you tried children's place's regular fit boys jeans, i think they are slimmer than their relaxed & carpenter fit jeans.

dhano923
08-30-2006, 02:04 PM
DS is another super skinny child -- he still wears his 18 month shorts! LOL I buy him adjustable waist pants from the Gap. They are cut narrow, plus they are adjustable so they fit nicely. Children's Place pants fits sometimes, depending on the cut, so I try to find ones with a drawstring or adjustable waistband.

For jeans, I found some nice Osh Kosh adjustable waist jeans at Costco a couple months ago. They were $12 and they fit really nicely.