PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me, but Mini Boden sizing help?

hudsonam
08-31-2006, 03:16 PM
I already have five tops and two pairs of pants for DS, but I only washed two of the tops so far. He is about 24 lbs and 32". He is 20 months and in the 50th percentile. He has a few things from Hanna in 80 that fit him well with a little room to grow. Not much though.

I got him 18-24 month in the tops and 12-18 in the bottoms, which now that I realize he is finally growing into his 24 month pants (meaning they are still huge, but not falling off), I should have gotten the 24 months, but the 18 months seem Ok. A little room to grow. The tops also are a little big, but not huge. I would have to roll up the sleeves.

Do you think I should exchange the tops and pants for the bigger size? 2-3 in tops and 24 months in pants? One pair was a sale pair, so I have to keep those (and of course the tops I already washed), but the other are the cords. They are huge in the waist on him though, but not too long in the legs. I just don't know what to do. He's never had a major, fast growth spurt, but my luck, he will now. Any advice?

newmomto3kids
08-31-2006, 04:14 PM
I am debating the same thing with my kiddo. I called and asked the difference in inseams and it was 3 inches in my case. Those pants would have been huge!!!
I am pretty sure Boden will take back things that were washed if you feel they shrunk too much. They have an awesome return policy.
Maybe call and ask what the difference is in sizes, that helped me make my decision to keep the smaller size. I don't want her to outgrow them, but I also do want her to be able to wear them some time this season.

wilelm
08-31-2006, 08:41 PM
My 20-month-old son has the exact same measurements as yours. I called Boden and asked their advice on sizes for him before I ordered, and they recommended 18-24 months for him. I only ordered a pair of pants.

HTH,

Sheila

dules
08-31-2006, 08:45 PM
I would think 24 months in pants would fit a 50th percentile 2 year old. My DD was 50th percentile at 18 months then shot up in height to 95th (!) at her 2 year appointment. She wore 2-3 Boden last year, but I don't know if girls' sizing is different.

I'd compare the garment measurements on the site. I'm pretty sure that the return form has a checkbox for excessive shrinkage so I think you're fine to return something you've washed if you feel it won't fit.

Good luck!

Best,
Mary

BeachBum
09-01-2006, 07:20 AM
I think it also depends on where you live and when you anticipate him starting to wear pants. For me, I've got a couple of months before pants weather.

Personally, I think I would do a combo of sizes. You might not maximize wearability, but OTOH things will fit better when he is wearing them.

HTH

kboyle
09-01-2006, 08:07 AM
as for tops, i'd probably xchange for a 2-3 if you aren't going to be wearing the shirts for a bit or if your winters come late. max is 29.5" and about 20lbs and i got him one 12-18 which fit him great now, not washed and i also got him an 18-24 which is big, but will last a bit longer. if you are planning on wearing a few shirts now, or they've aleady been washed you could keep 1 or 2 in his current size and exchange the others for a bigger size. as for bottoms charlie is 36.5" and about 30lbs and he can still fit in 2-3s real well, i got him 3-4s but they were the tartan baggies, so they could be rolled in the waistband. i def wouldn't get the 2-3 pants, and max is in the 12-18mo pants with a bit of room to grow in length, but the waistband fits great, so i def wouldn't put your ds in that size either since he's bigger than max....i'd exchange for the 18-24mo pants :)

oh, i just re-read your post and noticed that you mentioned the 12-18mo pants you have are loose in the waist...if they are and they aren't "rollable" i'd keep the size you have, unless you have a belt on hand. i've heard that the pants shink too, i don't know about the cords though, just the baggies & track pants.

hudsonam
09-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the advice! I need to go try on the stuff I washed and see how that turned out. I'd rather have no buttons on the shoulder in the 2-3 too.