PDA

View Full Version : toddler shoes that are good but not too expensive

megs4413
09-02-2006, 06:34 PM
DD just got her first pair of Stride Rite's and I like them a lot, but I can't afford to buy 3 or 4 more pairs at $45 a piece! She will wear the stride rite tennis shoes for everyday, but I want some maryjanes for skirts and stuff. Where else can I find shoes that are supportive and good to walk in, but won't cost me an arm and a leg...i'm thinking more like $25 a pair...any ideas?

holliam
09-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Someone else posted recently looking for under $30 shoes. Let me see if I can remember all the suggestions...

TJMax/Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack, Stride Rite Outlet, Shoebuy has a 20% coupon right now... lots I am forgetting!

Holli

sadie427
09-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Target! Many of their baby shoes (size 5 and under) are made by stride rite, or used to be. More like 12-15/pair. We've stuck with them for toddler shoes, and the cherokee and Champion ones are also pretty good. Also have had some luck at nordstrom rack, with ecco's and elfanten marked down to the 20's, but still not as cheap as Target and more hit and miss as to availability in season.

mapg
09-03-2006, 05:30 AM
Look at a\Amazon, they have a sale on some striderite, and they will take $20 off of $80 on some shoes. So I was able to pick up three pairs of stride rite for $69 including shipping.

crayonblue
09-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Do you have a Stride Rite outlet near you? I buy all of Lauren's shoes there. I bought two pairs yesterday for $19.99 and $24.99. Sometimes they have the exact same shoes as in the regular store or they have last year's shoes.

mama2g03
09-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Kidsurplus.com has a decent selection of Stride Rites although some sizes are limited. I've ordered from them many times and had great service. I got DS 3 pair of SRs that he's wearing now. They are usually about 40% retail prices.

DanielleGuidry
09-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Personally, I like Walmart for basic everyday shoes. I find that my kids never wear out their shoes because they grow out of them so quickly!! So I definitely get my $7-$15 dollars out of each pair. Plus, I find that their selection is quite cute!

HallsofVA
10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
If you're confident about what sizes you're looking for, or if you've been into a SR store and have found some styles that you really like, I've had excellent luck on ebay. I can usually get shoes NWT for around $22 shipped or less, and this is even cheaper if you buy more than one pair from the same seller and combine shipping.

shishamo
10-02-2006, 10:28 PM
For everyday shoes, Merrell Jungle Moc has a baby version that goes up to size 8, and it's only $29.99. It is just a prefect winter playground shoes.

I've found good deals at TJ Maxx/Marshall's also.

Do you have a boutique kids shoes store in your town? Mine has a discount rack filled with last year's shoes, and they are all $25-30, sometimes cheaper. Of course it is a hit or miss, but it's nice to be able to have your kids feet measured, etc.

Target shoes are hit or miss too, but some have very flexible soles. Make sure the shoe upper is leather, otherwise it doesn't breathe and your kid's feet gets supersweaty :-)

If your DD has wide feet you can try See Kai Run, they are great, too.

ellies mom
10-02-2006, 11:33 PM
I check Marshalls pretty often because they get some really good shoes for really good prices sometimes. We got two pair of Stride Rite MJ's for $15 each for fall.

egoldber
10-03-2006, 07:33 AM
I also like Target for shoes they aren't going to be wearing everyday. They have lots of ripoffs of more expensive brands. Now that DD is older and the shoes run narrower, I can't really buy shoes for her at Target anymore since they are very seldom wide enough. But when she was younger, we had lots of Target shoes.

willow33
10-03-2006, 08:00 AM
I buy all my stride rite shoes at www.shoebuy.com - great prices, always coupon codes around and free shipping and returns. HTH!

lenad
10-03-2006, 08:38 AM
We have loved Livie and Luca shoes (www.livieandluca.com), they are $27, but they only go up to a size 5.5 (app). They have no new models out (and limited sizes), though, so not sure what is going on with them. You can ask them though, they have great customer service.

hudsonam
10-03-2006, 09:01 AM
I really like the New Balance we just got DS. They were around $28, but I saw some at TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Kohl's too, for even less. HTH!

anuta
10-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Kmart has a nice line of kid shoes, leather too...

colleenfs
10-03-2006, 07:41 PM
I just got super lucky and found SR Laurens (the little white booty with pink embroidered flowers on top) at Marshall's for $9.99. Right size and everything!

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."