PDA

View Full Version : How many outfits for a 2-year-old girl?

sarahsthreads
09-03-2006, 08:43 PM
I just did a whole bunch of clothes shopping for DD and now that it's all piled on my bed I'm wondering if I went a little overboard...

Are 12 long-sleeve shirts, 7 pair of pants, 2 jumpers and a play dress too many things for fall/winter/early spring? Most of the shirts could be worn with most of the pants and both jumpers, although I discovered that we have a pair of pants with no shirts to match (bought them last year and just found them in the closet) so I need to buy at least one more shirt, and I think we could use one more pair of stretchy legging type pants.

I know we had waaaaaay too many clothes for the summer - people kept buying things for us after I had already bought probably more than we needed, and we ended up with easily 30+ t-shirts, 15+ pairs of shorts, several pair of capris, and no less than 5 swimsuits - and we could theoretically have avoided kid laundry for a month or more if we'd wanted to, so I don't know what a "normal" amount of clothing would be for a slide-loving, bib-refusing, playing-in-the-sandbox toddler. :)

Also, does anyone know where to find nice plain white undershirts in a 2T size? Some of DD's new shirts are kind of big in the neckline, and I layered with onesies last year as it got colder, but I think we're past the onesie stage at this point.

I know people have mentioned clothing rosters around here, what is it, would it help me, and where can I find one?

Thanks!
Sarah :)

Lovingliv
09-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Sarah, I think you have just enough. You have about 10 days worth of clothes...I think that is perfect. I think we have around 12 outfits plus 2 pd/dd and a few other jumpers. DD does go to daycare two days a week, so i try to buy a few extra outfits for that.
I believe that Caroline still has a clothing roster she made up. Her screen name is C99. Good luck!

lizajane
09-03-2006, 09:29 PM
we have way too many clothes, i must admit. but i often get very backed up on laundry. so it helps! dh tends to dress the kids slightly differently than i do (not a big change and he doesn't dislike how i dress them) so it is nice for us to have some variety that suits us both. finally, schuyler now chooses his clothes and dresses himself when he wakes up in the morning. he often changes his clothes two more times during the day!!! he tends to get stuff on his clothes pretty quickly, so i do have to wash the stuff he took off. (not that i would have changed his outfit in the middle of the day unless he was soaking wet- which happens more often than you would think...)

so, in short, we like having too many clothes. most days. (somedays i want to give it all away!!!)

sarahsthreads
09-04-2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks guys, I feel better now. I'm just terrified of ending up with the overflowing drawers we had for the summer again! :D

(Of course, DH had to go and remind me that people would probably buy DD clothes for her upcoming birthday and for Christmas. So we'll probably end up with way too many anyway. But until then we have just the right amount.)

I could totally see DD changing her clothes in the middle of the day if she had free access to her room during the day. She's a total clothes nut. The other morning I was cleaning upstairs, and we had managed to get as far as changing her diaper but she was being obstinate about picking out clothes so I let her run around just in a diaper. I looked in her room a few minutes later and she was wearing a pair of orange shorts with both legs in one hole and a green and pink swimsuit bottom around her neck and one arm. The rest of the contents of her dresser were spread from one end of the room to the other. I should have taken a picture!

Sarah :)

babyready
09-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Target has plain, white, long-sleeved shirt for 2.99. They are the Circo brand and I think they would be perfect for under shirts!

HTH!