PDA

View Full Version : toddler pants brands for slim-waisted DS?

mommy2sam
09-04-2006, 10:42 PM
18-mo. DS has narrow waist/hips and moderately long legs. Pants that have elastic going only partway around the back always fall down. He's currently in mostly 2T, but we're having trouble on the pants!

He wears 12m or 18m in shorts, b/c the waist fits and stays up. Now that the weather will be cooling off, any recommendations for fall pants? Bought one pair of Pumpkin Patch jeans in their "size 1" that fit *exactly* right now, but I'm sure will be too short very soon...

I would love to hear ideas for brands/styles of jeans, khakis, or any other pants that work for my child's body type! :)

table4three
09-05-2006, 12:11 AM
My DS is 17 month old and is tall (75th %ile) and skinny (3rd %ile). We've had trouble with pants too. I can still sneak him into the Old Navy jeans size 18mo but the length will be too short soon. The 24 mon size is a little large at the waist, but tend to stay up as long as he has shoes on so that he can't step on the hem and pull them down that way, IYKWIM.

I've also had a lot of luck with Gap and those are fitting pretty well right now too.

I'm interested to see what others say.

http://b2.lilypie.com/mkn7m5.png

kozachka
09-05-2006, 02:14 AM
We've had the same problem when our DS was your DS age. DS had a lot of overalls before he PTed. He also wore a lot of sweatpants. And I took in some of his pants in (put a few stitches on the outside, ugly but works) in the waist. It gets better when you get to size 2T since many brands have adjust. waists. DS currently has a pair of Levi's from Target. I believe GAP has adj. waist as well. In our experience Gymboree pants run tall so DS wore their pant in one size smaller than tops/other brands.

Do a search also, this topic has been discussed many times and there were other brands suggested. One that I ment to try but have not so far has been Lands' End Climber Pants. Please keep in mind that their toddler sizes run small so size up and check out overstock page. HTH!