PDA

View Full Version : Fun Mini Boden post - Help me pick some different shirts

hudsonam
09-05-2006, 09:53 AM
I realized I have a lot of brown for DS now, between Mini Boden and a shirt I just got him at TCP. I am exchanging some tops and I think I will switch them up a little. I am definitely going to keep the fox tee, but I also have the flying guitar tee, the contrast stitch tee in brown and the vulture tee (that's green, but still very muted).

Here's what I'm thinking about getting instead:
Contrast stitch tee in green
Headset tee - even though that has brown too, but it also has a muted red and blue, so it has a mixture which is nice.
Camper hooded tee

What else should I consider? I am also returning the cords I got him because they just fit in the length but they're huge in the waist, and since the western jeans I got him are cord also, I think I'm going to get the tartan pants. I thought they were kind of ugly at first, but they've grown on me and they'll be great for daycare since they'll hide stains.

table4three
09-05-2006, 11:35 AM
I don't have many suggestions, but I do have a question if you don't mind. I bought tops but not pants from MB because we tend to have problems with pants being too large in the waist. Did you find that most of the MB pants are proportionately large in the waist? If you don't mind, what size did you get and how big is your DS? I really wish there was a B&M Boden store to try stuff on.

TIA!

Oh and FWIW, we got the contrast stitch tee in dark blue and the washed layered polo in brown/cool smoke. I really like both of them. I am realizing, though, that he has lots of blue in his closet for fall - just like you have lots of brown. I'm going to have to diversify a bit! :)

http://b2.lilypie.com/mkn7m5.png

hudsonam
09-05-2006, 12:14 PM
I got the Western Jeans and the Cord Baggies, and the Western Jeans are a little big in the waist compared to their length, but the Cords are WAY big in the waist. My DS is 20 months and last time I checked he was about 24 lbs and either 32 or 33". I forget what the dr said now. He's in the 50th percentile for height and weight.

We also have lots of blue, so I need some greens and some reds I think. :)

table4three
09-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks!
I'm going to guess that MB pants will likely fall off of my DS - he's 32 inches tall and about 21-22 pounds. Oh well. Keeps my spending down - the best fit on him lately has been Old Navy jeans and cords. At $12 each, I won't complain! :)

http://b2.lilypie.com/mkn7m5.png

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
09-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Remember to order a size up the camper tee. I also ordered too much brown and sent some things back. I order the Ride It brown sweatshirt with the bike on it, the hooded tee with the fire, the red cord pants ( my favorite boden of all time) guitar tee, and I love, love,love the brown plaid shirt with the grey hood and sleeves. I sent back the fire and bike shirts. If you figure out what to put with those tartan pants I would love to know, I keep looking at them as I think they are very cute but can not figure out any outfits. I can not say how much we love the red cords, with the elastic wasit they are as comfy as sweatpants and the color is TDF!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

hudsonam
09-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I was going to get the brown tartan pants and pair it with the fox tee (hard to tell until I have them together though) and the brown contrast stitch tee. Or the blue tartan with the flying guitar tee.

I am sizing up on everything, so I'm thinking that a couple things will be big, but not huge, and a couple things will have *plenty* of growing room. Thanks for the tip on the camper tee though. The 18-24 month shirts fit him pretty well, and I'm still wondering if I really needed to go up in some of them, but since it's just the beginning of cool weather, hopefully it'll work out well and he'll grow into them.

I'll have to check out those cords.

I think I'm also getting myself a few shirts. I almost did last time I ordered, but now I think I definitely will. :)

hudsonam
09-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Are you talking about the Cord Sailing Trousers? What do you pair them with?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
09-05-2006, 08:13 PM
I like the red cords with the guitar tee, I also like them with anything brown. I am not as matchy as some people. Those corda are just my favorite thing ever. FYI I ebayed a few Boden things thi week and got huge bucks for them, more than I pain for the crab applique from spring!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

hudsonam
09-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Thanks! Well, I ended up ordering them in the Mole color. I just had the hardest time picking stuff out! I got:

the fox tee again
the guitar tee
the contrast stitch tee in the bright blue color with orange trim
the "awesome" tee
the cords in Mole

And I got myself the velvet trim v-neck and the marled v-neck in the lilac color.

At least they have free returns if I decide I ordered all the wrong stuff. ;) I went back and forth so many times I wasn't even thinking straight by the end. Now I need to go to bed! LOL!

ETA: I got the guitar tee, not the headset tee. :)