PDA

View Full Version : How do Babystyle dresses run?

cdlamis
09-05-2006, 01:09 PM
I know that Babystyle usually runs 1 size too small for some items but is this also for dresses? I want to buy the long sleeve cotton dresses for Bella (20 mnths old)- she is on the small side, maybe 22 lbs and pretty short (don't know her length right now).

Would I be safe buying 18-24 month or should I go to 2T? They don't have a certain color in 2T right now so I am hoping 18-24 month would work on her.

TIA~
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6/02
and Bella 12/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

anamika
09-05-2006, 08:05 PM
My DD (23 months) is *way* petite. I bought 4 babystyle dresses for her in the sale. 2 were 12-18 mos and 2 were 24 months. Of these, two fit (one of each size, go figure) but will probably only work for a few more weeks while the other two wouldn't even have fit my tiny DD at 12 months! So it really is hit or miss.
Sorry, I don't think that answers your question but the sizing seems to be pretty erratic.

Octobermommy
09-05-2006, 08:29 PM
I bought my daughter a tiered dress in 18-24 months ( 24 lbs, petite) to wear at 21 months and I wish I would have gotten her the 2T. I actually had to ripped some of the seaming to get it to fit (it was way too tight, she does not like to wear it). I also bought the softest dress in a 2T and it fits (maybe a little big) but she loves it. I would get the 2T if I were you.