PDA

View Full Version : Take home outfit for DC #2

SpaceGal
09-05-2006, 05:16 PM
I wasn't sure what to do for a take home outfit for DC #2.

The take home outfit we used for DS is a gender neutral outfit that I think I could reuse for DC #2. Would that be lame? Did anyone ever re-use a take home outfit for their #2 or later children. Not that I mind going out to buy an outfit for DC #2 it was just a thought since I'm still pretty early on right now.

ETA:
The take home outfit is a yellow kimono snap long-sleeved outfit with little baby whales on it with a matching cardigan. I got it from Baby Gap and used it a lot since DS was a little guy. Not that the outfit is beat up it's still in great condition but I liked that I used it as an everyday outfit. I really liked how the outfit had a bit of an oriental flair and DH loved how DS looked like a little samurai.

lizajane
09-05-2006, 06:30 PM
i think it would be special to reuse the same outfit. it would be a tradition!!

madelinesmom
09-05-2006, 06:47 PM
I had a beautiful yellow flannel daygown and used it for both girls, then they had different Christening gowns, I also used this gown for their 3 month old picture. That way they can start a tradition of their own. What was great about their coming home outfit was that I continued to use it, it was a great practical gift from a special friend, I am going to make a shadow box of both girls for myself and include this gown.
Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

MommyAllison
09-05-2006, 09:50 PM
We will use the same coming home outfit for all of our babies born in cold weather, since the outfit is beautiful but very warm. That is, if I can keep myself from shopping. :) The only drawback I see is when the time comes to pass it down, I won't know which DC to give it to.

Allison
http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png[/img][/url]

Alice523
09-05-2006, 10:08 PM
We had a gender neutral sweater with matching blanket and bonnet that my sister and I were brought home in - we brought my son home in it, too, but used a regular footed sleeper that matched well enough. He then wore the sleeper for the next few weeks at home. I'm not sure whether I'll reuse the sleeper (esp for a girl - the sleeper's blue) but I will reuse the sweater, blanket and bonnet. I think it's great to use the same coming home outfit as a tradition.

Alice523
09-05-2006, 10:19 PM
That's our problem, too, but I guess it will just be passed around. My son was the fifth generation to wear our family's baptismal gown and somehow, all of my cousins and cousins' children have worn it.

Lovingliv
09-05-2006, 10:19 PM
I would get each child there own....so that they always have it. My daughter wore the sweater I wore home from the hospital....it was nice that I had it. I also put a sweater on her that was made especially for her...so she will have that one as well. Not sure about #2, but I will get them there own,,,,so they always have it!

kozachka
09-06-2006, 02:34 AM
Personally, I don't get all the fuss about the going home outfits. We were so stressed out when we were leaving the hospital and had so much stuff to carry to the car that we don't have any pictures of DS and I from that day :(. I could not believe it but considering the problems I had with establishing BFing and was crying on the way from the hospital (my Dr. warned DH about baby blues when he discharged me) take home outfit was the last thing on my mind.

I had my mind set on putting DS in a beautiful Baby Dior romper but he ended up in a backup Baby Gap one that had snaps all the way down the front and was way softer, smaller and more comfortable. We got a fair amount of wear out of the 0-3 months Gap outfit and DS wore Dior romper maybe couple times before DS grew out of it.

mapg
09-06-2006, 06:37 AM
This is awful, but I don't even remember what my kids wore home. Each time the hospital was a place I was anxious to escape (I had no complications, so I was pretty much on my own). Now I'll have to see if there are any pictures.
MA

kozachka
09-06-2006, 07:24 AM
You made my date, thank you. I thought I was the only mom not in the take home outfit and pictures. I do hope you have some snapshots of your DC.

pampamz
09-06-2006, 07:40 AM
My DH took responsibility for choosing the outfit for both DC -- after each was born when he went home to get sundry things we forgot he bought a gender specific outfit for them, since we did not know ahead of time what we were having. One was from Gap and one was from Hilfiger.

It was great -- very sweet, and he was quite the proud papa picking out their tiny outfits all on his own.