PDA

View Full Version : High end clothing lines: better to lot or sell individually on ebay?

JMS
09-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Here I am with yet another ebay question. I'm trying really hard to sell off the offensive amount of clothing I've accumulated. I have a lot of either NWT or EUC, should I try a few smaller lots or am I better selling them as individual pieces/outfits?

Thanks again everyone for all of your ebay insight.

PS: just a little shameless pat on the back: I printed my first shipping label and the accomplishment in and of itself was as if I earned another degree. :)

kozachka
09-06-2006, 05:58 PM
I think you'll make the most $$$ by selling outfits. I don't think as a rule individual pieces do as well as outfits.

divabell
09-06-2006, 06:31 PM
EUC might be better in lots but if you have a NWT outfit you can generally sell that by itself. I agree that outfits sell better than individual pieces.

writermama
09-06-2006, 06:34 PM
I like buying outfits or small lots (just a few items).

When I'm on ebay, I'm usually looking for an outfit like a playdress set or even just 1 item to complete an outfit (often I find one piece on sale at a store and I go on ebay to find something to go with it).

I don't bid on really big lots because it usually gets too expensive (even if the price per item is lower) and there's usually only a few items in the lot I really want.

atlcombs
09-06-2006, 08:14 PM
I agree with pp, small lots for EUC clothes are fine and would probably do a lot better than individual items. It is also less work for you! Good luck selling your stuff!
~gina

JMS
09-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice. When I said "individually" I was including outfits that came together. I think I'm going to stick to outfits and very small lots that have things in common: brand, size, color scheme, condition, etc.

Thanks again!

This is so much work.. it's taken me forever to list 20 items and I have about 200 more to go.

09-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I myself am just starting to sell on ebay and I believe that with all the time it has taken for me to get things up and running, I will probably make about 3 cents per hour of work. LOL. It's crazy, but hopefully it will be worth it!

JMS
09-07-2006, 07:17 PM
LOL!

Kerrie.. I was thinking it was closer to two cents an hour.
It's taken me like a week to list 22 items. And I don't want to tell you how many more fall/winter items I aspire to also list. I'm up to about $95 in bids, so I guess that's better than nothing. I hate to even start thinking about ebay and paypal fees and what it will do to the final value. Oh well, right?

My real goal, aside from getting rid of all this excess clothing, is to really understand the listing procedure so by the time I ready to start listing spring/summer items, I know what I'm doing. Figuring out Turbo Lister and how to use a template top my list.

Good Luck to you in your selling endeavors!!