PDA

View Full Version : Entertaining Elephants-- what colors are you liking for boys?

1964pandora
09-07-2006, 06:23 AM
KBoyle, kcandz, jacksmommy and anyone else who purchases these.... did you buy any of the new colors? It seems like I've been waiting half a year to try these based on your recommendations! My son is SKINNY. He's 23 months and maybe 24 pounds. I THINK I should go with the size 2 rather than the baby large, but am I right about that? Thanks!

neeter
09-07-2006, 06:36 AM
I got the pants in charcoal and the chocolate (ordered from jaminga.com).

Then for the tops I got more colors, like bluestone, avocado and pumpkin. I should be able to mix and match between all of them!

I can't wait for them to arrive!

kboyle
09-07-2006, 11:03 AM
i ordered blue stone for both boys, and a pair of turquois for charlie. i haven't gotten them yet, but since this was my first ee purchase i only ordered a few things so that i knew how they fit. i did get max & charlie shade (dk green) cropped pants, but my kiddos are short, so they'll probably fit like reg pants for a while.

if i do order again, i'll probably just get charlie pants: charcol & avocado or olive, possibly the deep teal.

i know that the summer cropped pants sizing was off this year and they had planned on changing it with their fall stuff, i would call first and ask about the waist on the babies lg vs the 2.

i want to order shirts, but i think i'm going to stick to american apparels thermals, they aren't as nice, i'm sure, but they are cheaper and with my kids, they stain EVERYTHING :) the more, the better!

kcandz
09-07-2006, 12:48 PM
I think you are better off with size 2 but as posted you may want to confirm the waist is true to size. The colors are so hard to figure out from the website because they post those palettes, not the real fabric. I'm always trying to match the color swatch to the model pictures to figure out if I will really like it.

I have not bought any fall colors. I promised myself no more EE unless something gets ruined from our existing stash. But blue stone, eggplant, coffee look to be beautiful colors.

We have AA thermal and it has gotten so stiff/scratchy. But they are more economical. Then again, stains seem to be harder to remove, but in EE they come out. EE reminds me of Petit Bateau that way, I'm always amazed the stains seem to come out. Maybe higher quality cotton?

1964pandora
09-07-2006, 10:49 PM
whoo hoo! I am so excited to try EE! Thanks for the suggestions.

kboyle
09-08-2006, 09:47 AM
ok, you've twisted my arm, i'll try the EE shirts too ;)

JacksMommy
09-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Oh gosh, I haven't been able to decide which colors to go for! They all are so beautiful but there's no way I'm spending $250 on getting DS all of them. It narrows it down to skip the light colors but I'm drooling ovew the eggplant, dark teal, coffee, avocado, pumpkin, mulberry...

I'd love to hear how they look IRL!

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

kboyle
09-09-2006, 09:02 AM
the sizing is a bit wonky on the new fall wide legged pants. i also ordered a pair from last year and there is a BIG difference. the waist seems to be bigger than last years style, all over it seems to be a much looser pant. AND, i ordered a babies lg & accidentally got a sz 2 and there is about a 3" difference in length, where there is only a 1/2-1" difference between 2 & 4. hope that helps. :)

julie from jaminga has great cs, and if you call about any sizing questions she can help you out.

hth!