PDA

View Full Version : Help me find shoes that look like SKR but for narrow feet

94bruin
09-07-2006, 08:50 AM
My 15 mo dd measures a 3.75 narrow at SR, so we bought a size 4 shoe in the Sporty Slip-on. There is way too much room at the top(more than a thumb's width) and she can easily take it off. Plus I don't think she'd be able to walk around in them - she'd probably trip over them because they are just too big for her.

She isn't quite walking yet, so I have time to look around for shoes. I'm looking for shoes that can be used outdoors. I'm thinking that I might stick with Robeez for daycare, where she mostly stays indoors.

I know that Preschoolians come in narrow, but I'm not really in love with any of their styles, except for the Sporty Mary Jane. I *really* adore the look of SKR but I've looked at them and they are just too wide for dd. (I am soo disappointed - why can't these shoe companies make shoes for narrow widths?!)

(I've looked at Livie and Luca, but don't see anything that currently catches my eye - I'm hoping that they'll come out with some fall shoes soon.)

Are there any shoes that look like SKR but come in narrow widths?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

shoppinggal
09-07-2006, 12:43 PM
My son also has a narrowish/average foot but he can fit into certain styles of SKR. Some are cut wider than others. The styles with the stitching around the soles are a narrower cut than the roundish ones. IE - My son has the Jacks and they work really well for him but his Sams were too wide. I would recommend trying on the Gretchen or Qwynn - you might be surprised.

94bruin
09-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the reply! I will try out the Qwynn shoe (love that shoe!) I think I'll buy it through Zappos just in case it doesn't work out. Keeping my fingers crossed!

TereasaT
09-09-2006, 02:13 AM
Zappos is great for their return policy. Don't forget that they will also price match.

nfowife
09-09-2006, 08:05 AM
SKR are just too wide for my DD as well, especially at the ankle. I am having good luck with preschoolians (the houdini style are nice and snug at her ankle) and some ecco mary janes as well. But I wouldn't do more than a robeez type until she is actually walking.

wrafiehi
09-09-2006, 12:22 PM
I am having the same problem. I love the SKRs, I think they are the best shoe around. But they are way too wide. I ordered 3 or 4 different pairs for my DD who measured average width at Stride rite and all the SKRs were just too wide on her skinny foot. I don't think the SKRs will work for your DD if she has narrow feet. I would love to find something just as good that works for skinny narrow feet.