PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ See Kai Run. I know the sizing changed this year . . .

tigeratty
12-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Are they still wide? Do they still run huge? My DS is 2 and wears an 8 wide in Stride Rite; he will probably be an 8 1/2 soon. Thanks!! I am eyeing that sale on Rag Dolls' Life. . .

stefani
12-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Hello,

I think the sizing chart pretty much reflect the shoes. I don't have Stride Rite, so I cannot comment, but I think it is the same size as SR, but SKR runs wide.

http://www.seekairun.com/alex.php

Click on Sizing chart.

So probably size 9 next for your DS?

HTH.

ETA: Reading some other posts, some people said that SKR is about 0.5 size bigger than SR, so maybe size 8 will still be OK for your DS.

snowangel
12-27-2006, 12:28 PM
My DD is 21 months. She wears a size 7 XW in Stride Rite (they are a wee bit big), and she fits perfectly in the size 6 SKRs. She is totally filling out the size 6 SKRs now. I will have to buy her the size 7 soon.

Sooo, I would say size 8 would fit just right with a little room to grow and the 9s will be quite a bit big.

Hard to tell without trying them on really.

gilliesgal
12-28-2006, 11:56 AM
I actually posted not too long ago on See Kai Run sizing compared to Stride Rite. My DS is a little guy for 19 months and was wearing a 4 1/2 regular in Stride Rite since September. We went with the 4 in the See Kai Run and they just fit him. I have no idea if his little feet grew from the time I measured him at 4.5 inches and the time the shoes arrived or what. . . but I was astounded that they are not going to fit him for much longer. I just ordered him the exact pair in a size 5. I don't think that they run big at all. And in terms of width. . . I don't think they are that much wider than DS's other shoes. Definitely more flexible and much softer. I love them and wish we never would have bought the Stride Rite shoes. . . too stiff!! I personally would err on the larger side in the See Kai Run shoes, especially if he's approaching an 8 1/2.