PDA

View Full Version : Update - I just got a pair of Mini Uggs!

hudsonam
12-21-2006, 11:39 PM
I just got a fantastic deal on ebay on a pair of the Minis in black. I hope I got the right size? I wear anywhere from a 7.5 in dress shoes to a 9 in certain sneakers, but I have a narrow foot, so I think a 7 will work well, from things I've read. You are all SUCH bad influences! ;)

__________________________________________________ _________________

I kind of wanted Uggs shortly after they first got big (I always take a while to come around to trends), but then I forgot about them. But lately a lot of people I work with talk about them. Do people still wear them (I guess so)? And what is the best deal you can find on them? Ebay has them for more then retail, so that doesn't help.

Do I have to tuck my pants into them? How do you wear them, and what style do you have? Someone enable me, or not. ;)

barbarhow
12-22-2006, 06:59 AM
I forget the style that I have but they are chocolate brown with a lugg sole. I absolutely love them. I live in Maine-they have been a Godsend for the last 2 winters. They more than paid for themselves in one season.
As for whether they are still "in"? I saw them for sale in the stores in NY this fall so that is a good sign. Beyond that it is hard for someone from Maine to judge as we are not exactly in the fashion mecca up here. iykwim. ;-)
Get them. Wear them without socks. You will not regret it.

Sugar Magnolia
12-22-2006, 08:34 AM
I have a pair, the cargo ones in chocolate brown. I love them. Love, love, love them. So much that I bought dh a pair. Yep, my dh has Uggs. I am hoping to get another pair for Christmas. So worth the money.

hudsonam
12-22-2006, 08:42 AM
ETA: I read that the Classic style runs very big. I usually wear a size 8.5-9, depending on the shoe and the brand. Would an 8 fit? I have very narrow feet too.

__________________________________________________ ________

Ok, you guys aren't supposed to be enabling me SO much. ;) Using the word love so many times makes me want to buy them right now!

candybomiller
12-22-2006, 12:03 PM
When I was shopping for new winter boots, it came down to uggs vs. merrells. I actually ended up choosing the merrells. They were just sooooo comfortable on my bare feet, and imo, they look the same as uggs. They were about $20 less expensive, and I love, love, love them.

dules
12-22-2006, 12:31 PM
I love them. Have the same ones as Barb, and a pair of Classic Short picked up at TJMaxx this fall.

The leather/lug sole ones ran true (8), the classic shorts seemed a size big (7 fit me fine, also a kids' 6 fits me). DD has a pair in baby blue, also from Marshall's, and they are the only shoes she will put on all by herself.

Love, love love them, wear them everyday - no socks, less laundry, lol!

Mary

hudsonam
12-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Ooh, how much were they at TJ Maxx? I never think to look at their shoes!

dules
12-22-2006, 03:09 PM
$59 for me, $39 for DD. :)

Mary

hudsonam
12-22-2006, 05:46 PM
I will definitely be stalking my TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Ross for them from now on! :)

Sugar Magnolia
12-22-2006, 10:10 PM
But does anyone know where there are Uggs actually instock any where?

I am looking but I can't find them anywhere