PDA

View Full Version : Dansko clog owners...

MeAndMyStar
12-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Would you buy Danskos if you are clutzy and are prone to spraining your ankle every couple of years? :P

I am a clutz...but I really want these shoes! I've heard the design of the shoe can be not so good for people who have weak ankles. I have owned clogs like that in the past and don't wanna buy Danskos if this is the case.

Anyone have any BTDT advice? Thanks!

-Sarah

C99
12-26-2006, 04:44 PM
I am clutzy, but I have not ever sprained an ankle. I have wiped out a couple of times in my Danksos (twice while pregnant), but have never broken them. I would recommend going to a shoe store whose salespeople specialize in selling Danskos and can answer all of your questions and help you find the best fit.

MNmomtobe
12-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Danskos are made to have your heels lift in and out of the shoe as you walk so there is no ankle support. I think if you are already prone to ankle injuries, Dansko shoes are not a good choice. Sorry! :( I have turned my ankle more than once wearing mine!

squimp
12-26-2006, 11:40 PM
I am an ankle twister too, mostly when I run. Dansko clogs are bad bad bad for us! That doesn't explain why I have 2 pairs, though. I have slipped in them a few times, but never had a sprain in them. I just pay close attention when I am stepping off of a curb, and I never wear slippery socks.

mamaecb
12-27-2006, 12:06 AM
I am a Dansko junkie, but I must admit that I turn my ankles in them pretty often. I don't think I have really weak ankles in general, but I am a little clutzy. :P

Emilie, mama to Henry

Oregonmother
12-27-2006, 02:31 AM
I'm a RN and wear these at work and I have turned my ankle many times in them. I do like them though, and I have never hurt myself doing it.

VClute
12-27-2006, 07:31 AM
I'm somewhat clutzy, and have had quite a few close calls in my Danskos (I'm a nurse, too, but I love my Danskos so much, they're about all I wear anymore.) It was about this time last year when I had a SERIOUS wipe-out, though, badly spraining my left ankle. It took about three weeks to heal up - no fun while trying to take care of a baby! If I knew I was going to sprain an ankle every couple of years, I probably wouldn't wear them. Sorry!

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

caleymama
12-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm not prone to ankle twisting - I've had 3 sprained ankles and all were as a kid (knock on wood!!). I have, however, twisted my ankle several times in the 2 years I've had my Danskos. I still wear them all the time but I'm definitely aware of the fact that I feel more "tippy" in them.

MeAndMyStar
12-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks for all the replies.
Sounds like I should probably skip the Danskos. *sigh*

-Sarah