PDA

View Full Version : Socks/Booties that actually stay on

JoyNChrist
12-27-2006, 03:56 PM
I used to work at a daycare, and I never saw a pair of socks or booties that actually stayed on an infant for more than a few minutes.

I'd like to avoid that with baby-to-be, so I'm looking for recommendations. What socks/booties actually stay put?

katiesmommy
12-27-2006, 04:29 PM
The gap triple rolls socks were the best for us. Or the little carters/just one year socks that you get at target. Those worked pretty good to. The Robeez style booties/slippers usually stay on pretty well. HTH

blueeyedb
12-27-2006, 04:33 PM
We also liked Gap socks. They never fell off, but DS could pull them off. My faves by far are Robeez shoes/slippers. DS has yet to pull a pair off, something I can't say about any other type of footwear.

lizajane
12-27-2006, 04:42 PM
triple roll! gap worked great. there was a babiesrus brand that worked for us, too.

JoyNChrist
12-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Question - on the baby Gap website I see "spring socks," "dot socks," and "basic socks." Which ones are the "triple roll" socks y'all are referring to?

Thanks!

californiagirl
12-27-2006, 05:47 PM
For us, when DD was a little baby, you could forget the Gap triple-roll socks -- they triple rolled right off! But Trumpette, now those were some socks with staying power. Now that she's older, she does fine with Children's Place.

hillview
12-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Absolute best bar none are the Zutano fleece booties. They are all DS wore for til he could crawl. They never came off til he could really pull at them for a good long time. Even then they were hard to get off. I wish I had known about them before DS was 4 months old. My sister got them and loves them for her infant.

Ok enough of a rave ;)
GET THEM!
/hillary

rbsmom
12-27-2006, 09:38 PM
My daughter lived in the Old Navy socks with the grippers on the bottom (that say the size). They are thick & stay on GREAT! I'm bummed now that her feet are finally growing - I think they make them up to size 12-24 months (with the grippers). (I still use them at night with her footless pj's since she can't easily pull them off).

MNmomtobe
12-27-2006, 11:26 PM
DD has the ON socks that are thinner with the grippers that stay on her feet pretty well. Which thick socks are you referring to? I would love a link to those since I would love to find DD thicker socks that stay on. We have the ON terry cloth ones (sold in packs of three- hers came with ivory, pink, and brown socks) that do not stay on her feet.

To the OP: my MIL got DD some Sonoma socks (sold in packs of 3) at Kohls for Christmas and they stayed on her feet. Didn't even budge- the heel part actually stayed on her heels and didn't migrate to the mid-foot region like many of her socks do. :)

hudsonam
12-28-2006, 11:36 AM
The ONLY ones that worked for us were by Carters or Miniwear. They are a cuff style sock (they roll over once), and I didn't love the look of them for my son because I thought they looked a tad girly, but they worked so well that I didn't care.

katiesmommy
12-28-2006, 11:52 AM
They will say "triple-roll socks" underneath them. Here's a link.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6396&pid=188532&scid=188532002

coolloucks
01-27-2007, 06:40 PM
robeez shoes are the best. they are expensive though. if you buy them from the web site they are $26. maybe you can get some on ebay?

momtojack
01-28-2007, 07:41 PM
The only things that stayed on for us were Robeez and these Hanna socks:

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C1%7C1%7C156%7C45%7C7%7C%7C

Neither is cheap, but since they aren't hard on them at that age, you would be fine with one pair of Robeez and a few pair of socks in basic colors. HTH!

megamay79
01-28-2007, 09:11 PM
We love the Hanna Andersson moccasins. They stay on great! My DD still wears them ALL THE TIME.

We tried Robeez when she was much younger, but my DD had really fat ankles and the Robeez really dug into her skin.

We also had a pair of Little Me brand booties (I did find a knock off brand at BRU though) they didnt have grips on the bottom, but they stayed on great. They had a sort of ribbed cuff around the ankle that stretched but really kept the booties on.

Meg

madelinesmom
01-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Emmy goes to MDO 2 days a week and wears Robeez. The teachers love them, and so do we. BTW we don't use socks...

Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

brittone2
01-29-2007, 04:33 PM
we're having good luck w/ the hanna mocs too this time around. They are big for a newborn but I started using them over socks when DD was about 3 weeks old. They are big but still stay on (she's 12ish lbs, 7 weeks old, and we have a size 0. Still fitting with room to grow).

I bought the old style w/ the strap over the ankle. I don't think HA is carrying that style anymore, but they pop up on ebay. I have heard the ones without ankle straps don't stay as well...not sure how true that is though.

Nowali sells essentially the same thing, but I don't think theirs have straps anymore either.

For socks we had decent luck w/ cheapo ones from BRU. Miniwear maybe? As DS got older he did fine w/ Target socks, the Children's Place, Carters, etc. but that took some time.

turtledove
01-29-2007, 04:59 PM
THE BRU brand is the only one that still works for us - Miniwear, I think.

lenad
01-30-2007, 11:31 AM
We love Hanna mocs. We haven't tried them until dd was ~18mo, but she has not been wearing anything else since. So if you can find them in the right size, go for them.

BTW, I just saw small-size mocs by that other brand (forget the name) that are just like Hanna mocs in a store in Chicago. They are online too, www.theredballoon.com, but I think you may be able to find a better price elsewhere, this store is quite expensive IMO.

Niki_n_Abby
01-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Hanna mocs, Trumpette, and Robeez are the only ones that actually stay on my babies feet.

Niki

LBW
01-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Nowali mocs are the only thing staying on his feet now. They are the same as HA mocs - Nowali makes them for HA. Depending on sales & shipping Nowalis are often cheaper.

BeachBum
01-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Hanna Sweedish Mocs, or Robeeze/Bobux

crimsonowl
01-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Another vote for the Gap triple-roll socks. DD is eight months old and has yet to be able to pull them off.

We like the Robeez shoes/slippers a lot, too.