PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for Boys Christening Outfit

mariza
12-28-2006, 09:44 PM
I want to get DS a romper style Christening outfit (preferably under $100). I'm in the Boston area and willing to drive up to an hour, or buy online as long as they have fast shipping. The Baptism in January 7th! I was originally going to put him in the gown my brother and I wore, but he's too big :(
He's 4 months and closing in on 18lbs. Any tips appreciated!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

lizajane
12-28-2006, 11:17 PM
i have a bubble that dylan never got to wear. long story. it doesnt' have legs, but it has short sleeves and a wide collar. very very sweet. raw silk.

cmorgen
12-29-2006, 01:10 AM
try www.onesmallchild.com
They have overnight shipping. We bought DD's gown from them and were very happy with the quality and the service.

mariza
12-29-2006, 05:54 AM
That sounds really sweet, I'm sure it's beautiful! We are in Boston and the Church is over 100 years old with sketchy heating, so we would need long pants (and long sleeves).

BeachBum
12-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Strausburg Children has some really nice things. They also have outlet stores with better pricing for what appears to be the same merchandise.

MommytoEliana
12-29-2006, 10:31 AM
When I was in Concord a couple of months ago, there was a children's boutique that had some adorable baptism outfits. There was a long-sleeved, long pants one that I almost got, but I wasn't sure at that point if we were having a boy or girl. I also saw a kid's boutique in the Beacon Hill area (Red Wagon, I think was the name?). Wasn't looking for christening clothes at that point, but perhaps they would have something.

Cheri

mariza
12-31-2006, 06:58 AM
*Bump*
Going shopping today and wanted to see if anyone had more suggestions. I'm planning a trip to Wrentham Outlet to the Strasburg Children store, but I would love to avoid that drive if I could!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06