PDA

View Full Version : sizing question for Gymboree, BabyStyle, and Carter's

mshen
12-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi,
With all these sales going on, I wanted to buy ahead a few things for next year. So DD is average (like 50th or 60th percentile) for height and weight. That means she should be in 2T for next year. But I was wondering if any particular brand fit large or small. I plan on getting outfits stuff at Gymboree and Babystle, and a few fleece PJ at Carter's.

Thank you!!!
________
YAMAHA RZ350 HISTORY (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Rz350)

newmomto3kids
12-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I think that Gymboree runs small. I found BabyStyle and Carters true to size but leaning towards the small side.

ett
12-30-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm not sure about girls stuff, but for boys stuff, Gymboree runs big and Babystyle runs small.

MNmomtobe
12-30-2006, 09:40 PM
I agree about Babystyle. Definitely runs small, especially tops. The pants I find run long but lean in the waist.

In general, I think most people find that Gymboree runs a bit large. In my experience, the pants run long. The tops have been true to size. The exception has been the bodysuits which have run small for DD because she has a long torso.

C99
12-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Babystyle runs small, especially the tops. Carter's sizing is inconsistent and depends on the piece. I think Gymboree runs pretty true-to-size (look at the measurements on the tags), but I am not a huge Gymbo fan and don't have that much experience w/ it.

luv_my_girl
01-02-2007, 01:27 PM
We buy a LOT of gymboree and I agree that it generally runs true, especially for tops, with the pants running long and a bit wide. IME Carter's runs much smaller. So we are often wearing, for example, an 18-24 bottoms or overalls in Gymboree with a 2T Carters top.