PDA

View Full Version : HA sizing question

ajmom
12-31-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm looking at getting some HA things for DD for spring/summer, but I've never seen any HA IRL.

DD is 2 months old now. She is still wearing 0-3, but some of it is getting a bit short (she is long). I imagine she'll be wearing 0-3 at least through January and maybe some of February. How do the 50s fit? if she's in 3-6 month this spring, will she need 50s or 60s? If I buy mostly dresses, length shouldn't matter too much.

I don't know how much she currently weighs, but I'd imagine it's around 9-10 lbs. Could be more- I'm a terrible guesser and she was 7 lb. 8 oz @ 2 wks. old. I'll know more about her growth pattern when we go for her 2 month WBV on Thursday.

C99
12-31-2006, 12:52 AM
I'd buy 60s for the spring and size 70 for things she'll be wearing over the summer. The 50s have a very short lifespan. My DD had a few size-50 things and she outgrew most of them by the time she was 2 months old. She had one outfit, a short-sleeved, short-pants romper that lasted until she was around 3 months old, but then she outgrew the torso. She wore 60s for a long time - from around 2-3 months until she was 8-9 months. The 70s overlapped that - she wore 70s from around 5-6 months until she was about a year.

W/ Hanna, you want to go more on the height range than on the weight range, but it does depend a bit on the piece - separates are more generous than one-pieces, but the one-pieces can last a really long time as well.

egoldber
12-31-2006, 10:12 AM
My baby is about the same size and age as yours. She's still easily wearing 0-3 and Hanna 50s. I'm buying 60s for spring/summer and 70s for late summer/fall.