PDA

View Full Version : dd had a growth spurt and needs a new coat-suggestions?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-02-2007, 01:04 AM
DD had a sudden growth spurt and can barely fit into her coat. So she needs a new one. I'd like to find one on sale if possible. We'd like to spend less than 30 dollars on it. I'm going to look tomorrow. I'd appreciate it a whole lot if you all would let me know if you have any suggestions. We're in st.louis and it's seldom below 20. but that can always change,the weathers been strange around her the last few winters. and the weather guy says january and feb are gonna be bad. Her fav color is pink of course. i was thinking about the pink fur lined ones at target. but if there are just incredible sales elsewhere could ya'll clue me in.

Thanks so much

jen

mapg
01-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Dillards had a wonderful sale yesterday, the coats were two thirds off. But I think it was just for the day. But they had tons. TJ Maxx had theirs on clearance. It has been really warm in Little Rock so Dillards corporate may try to get rid of the coats soon. It might be worth a look.
MA

Radosti
01-02-2007, 10:03 AM
I had the exact same problem, but I wanted an LL Bean coat for DS. They are warm and not bulky. I checked the site and they had NOTHING in his size. I ended up buying a second-hand one on Ebay in wonderful shape for $11 plus $5 shipping. We are very happy with it, it's exactly what I wanted.

partyof5
01-02-2007, 12:38 PM
I was at Hanna Andersson yesterday and they had their North by North Parkas marked down to $26. I was looking at the green ones but I'm pretty sure they had the peony pink ones left too.

~Cindy

debsterchen
01-02-2007, 01:06 PM
How about the Old Navy frost-free coat? It's on sale online for $14.99. We have the pink one for my DD but all the colors are nice.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-02-2007, 05:56 PM
After going to two resale shops and target we went to tj max simply because we saw the sign in the window and found a great coat. DD loves it and it was only 17 dollars, I was a little concerned about it lasting till next winter but dh said that at that price he wasn't worried. I couldn't believe that her old coat was a 3T and we bought her a 5 and i was worried about it lasting through next year-I always try to get 2 seasons out of them but I actually rarely succeed. They're just so expensive.
I'm curious about the hanna coats for 25 dollars though. How did you land that one? Was it at the stor,outlet,online or catalog? I'm curious just because they're so colorfull. I was also wondering what you thought about the warmth of the coat in comparison to lands end,llbean,or columbia. I'd really like to know . the hanna's are cute but i'm concerned about how good the insulation is.

thanks
jen