PDA

View Full Version : Summer stuff already in stores?

mapg
01-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Does anyone else find this a little insane? I was in JCPenney's yesterday and there was summer stuff out, all the winter was on deep clearance, with not a lot left. Granted it has been a warm winter, and I live someplace that doesn't have a real winter by most standards, but it is January for goodness sake. I hate it when summer stuff vanishes in August, leaving us with long sleeves and pants for 100 degree days in September, but at least with summer stuff it doesn't matter as much if the shorts are a little short. But winter stuff needs to be long enough. do they do this in the rest of the country?
MA

tny915
01-09-2007, 01:49 PM
I think this happens every year. That's why I've been spending embarrassing amounts of money on winter clearances so DD and I have long sleeve shirts and warm pants to wear for pretty much the rest of the year. I've learned from the past to buy stuff long before I need them, because by the time I need them, store lines will be selling a completely different season.

daniele_ut
01-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Yup, this happened last year as well. I bought nearly all of DS's winter clothes for this year last January when everything was on clearance.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-09-2007, 07:19 PM
ITA!! it's ridiculous!! DD outgrew her coat and we had to get a new one last week. Good luck. Target had plenty of swimsuits but no winter coats. not a one. EXCUSE ME??? You'd think that i could buy a freaking coat in january. but noooo. I mean come on. the kids section is big enough that they could have a couple out. Sheesh. Anyway-i don't want to hijack your post. We have the same problem here in missouri. Not really cold yet,but they do this every year. I usually have good luck w/ the resale store if there's something i desperatly need. We found a coat at tj max though and I never shop there. Guess i'll have to go more frequently now.
I totaly share your frustration though. But I'm to much of a fraidy cat to buy season ahead- I never know how they'll grow and I'm afraid i'll guess wrong.

jen

nicknack
01-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Yes yes yes, this is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves! I mean, okay, I sort of get it for adult clothing stores, but kids grow out of things so quickly, need a few more seasonal items, etc...and when you're smack in the middle of that particular season, you can't find ANYTHING! It's ridiculous, I really don't understand why they do it.

mapg
01-09-2007, 11:48 PM
I used to dread growth spurts in March. I guess this is why you see little kids in short sleeves on cold days and winter weight stuff in September. Dillards is the only place that still has loads of winter, but that is only because they won't mark anything way down until the end of the season.
MA

NALC
01-10-2007, 08:02 AM
We went to JCPenney's BEFORE Christmas (in Northern VA) and the kids summer stuff was already out with very little left in the Winter clothes. I couldn't believe it.

Natalie

tigeratty
01-10-2007, 10:02 AM
ITA agree with the above. Fortunately, now we have ebay, where you can get anything in any season, new or used. In fact, if you're buying late in the season you can get it cheaper, on the premise that by February most people have their winter coats. I often scour ebay off season or between season for bargains like this on expensive brands I wouldn't buy full price.

My DS is notorious for outgrowing sizes in March and August, both times here in Missouri when the current season could last another two months. (Or not. No one moves here for the weather.)

HTH.

Shari

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Shari that's so true. where are you in missouri. We're in st.louis. The heat bubble from the city does such wonderful things. we had flurries yesterday though.

jen

tarynsmum
01-10-2007, 07:25 PM
TCP has had summer stuff since Dec 23rd...

yeah, totally ridiculous (BTW, for anyone that cares, all the Monster Sale stuff just went to additional 30% off last night, and socks are 10 for $10 again...)

C99
01-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Yep. I live in Chicago - we will not be in short-sleeved shirts until March at the *earliest.* But they are clearancing out sweaters and long pants everywhere, and showing resort wear and spring separates in womens, kids, baby, etc.