PDA

View Full Version : Still looking for clothes for skinny daughter...

smiley525
01-09-2007, 04:31 PM
My Almost 1 year old is about 30 inches and only 15 1/2 pounds, I can't find any pants that fit her-any ideas???

teddy
01-09-2007, 05:51 PM
I hear ya. My DD was a skinny minnie and still is. She finally hit 20 pounds at 18 months old. She lived in Gymboree leggings for a long time. They were long enough and narrow enough. Worth a try...

lizajane
01-09-2007, 06:24 PM
do you sew at all? could you get some knit pants and open the seam and then tighten the elastic? i have done this for schuyler.

kaitlinsmommy
01-10-2007, 01:52 PM
leggings, leggings, leggings - try LE, Gymbo & Circo brand from Target.

katiesmommy
01-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Yup, my DD was about that size at a year. I found some jeans at Target that had a tiny belt on them, and I used that to hold up all of her jeans. Otherwise she just wore overalls and leggings.

s_gosney
01-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Same problem here. Leggings are great. For something warmer, I discovered Kohl's brand sweatpants this year. I compared and the waists are noticeably smaller than all of the other brands (Carters,etc). These are toddler sizes though, so I can't speak specifically to infant sized stuff. We used to have decent luck with adjustable waist jeans and such, but now those even don't work. Even though I can snug up the waist enough, the extra fabric just winds up looking silly.
Good luck! I know how frustrating it is. I'm looking forward to summer when we can just go back to sizing down. Winter is much harder.

hardysmom
01-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Yep... Blythe was also 15.5 at 1 yr and in the 80th percentile for height.

Leggings and dresses with tights are about all we can do. The loose leggings from hanna took a long time to stay up, but the Hanna "livable leggings" are great. Capris are great since you can size down w/o the length being a big issue. We lived in Hanna capris at that age.

For something a little different, Entertaining Elephants cropped pants are great.

Some (but not all) crewcuts pants with adjustible waists work for us... most adjustible waists (which usually don't start until toddler sizes) just bunch together too much fabric to look very comfy...

Stephanie

smiley525
01-10-2007, 07:25 PM
DO they make the livable leggins in size 70? 80 I think would be huge, 70 regular leggins don't quite stay up. What size hannas was Blythe in at 1 year? I bought abunch of 80 dresses for this spring I hope they will fit!