PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever buy merrell shoes for dc?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-10-2007, 12:18 AM
My sis had a pair on her son at christmas and now that ds is walking i'm looking for a good pair of shoes for him to wear and I was wondering if anyone here had ever bought merrel infant shoes. I was wondering if you thought the price was worth it, are they flexible and was your dc able to kick the shoes off? Ds is pro at loosing socks and i'm afraid of what will be happening to shoes,(cross my fingers). They look comfy,but the price looks a little high for baby shoes. Let me know what you think

thanks,
jen

tiapam
01-10-2007, 12:21 AM
You might find them cheaper at a Hush Puppies outlet. I think that is where I saw them. I think they are affiliated somehow. A friend had these for her son and I think she liked them.

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

BeachBum
01-10-2007, 08:48 AM
I didn't think they were quite as flexible as I was looking for, but they do seem very popular for boys once they have been walking for a while.

My favorite shoes for my boy are Gucio, from toddlertreads.com They are super flexible, and he can't get them off.

Niki_n_Abby
01-10-2007, 09:28 AM
I have merrells for my dd and love them. They are about $25 at Hush Puppies outlets and are REALLY flexible. I can fold them in half with one hand. DD loves them and actually keeps them on better then anything else since there are no laces or velcro to play with.

Niki

CiderLogan
01-10-2007, 09:31 AM
I bought some Merrells through Hanna Andersson for my DD, who's 3. Obviously she's not a new walker anymore, so these were much sturdier shoes, but we are very satisfied with the quality and fit. They are as high quality as my adult Merrells (which I also love).

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

babybunny
01-10-2007, 10:00 AM
My son has been in really flexible shoes (robeez, SKR, adidas sambas, etc.) I had purchased two pairs of the Merrell Jr Jungle mocs last summer on clearance anticipating he would be a size 8 or 8-1/2 by age two (I bought one of each size). I also purchased sneakers for him in size 8. Well he loved the sneakers until he got his hands on the Merrells. I was actually in the process of listing them on ebay when he grabbed them out of the box and put them on. HE LOVES THEM!!! They are his favorite shoes now. I have to hide them when I want him to wear something else. He will ask for the "blue shoes". They seem to be a bit bigger than some of the the other size 8s he has, but they don't seem to fall off.
I terms of flexibility, the toddler ones are ok -- the larger kids' sizes are not as flexible by design.

We have the blue ones -- my only issue is the blue seems to run a bit when they get wet. I don't know if anyone esle has this problem.

stephiejw
01-10-2007, 10:12 AM
We bought a pair of Merrell shoes for ds as his first pair "walking shoes." It was worth the $30 we spent on them. DS loves them. We can take them off if he wants to but usually doesn't. He loves the shoes. He wants to put his shoes on every day. He will bring them to you to put them on. I thought the sole was flexible enough for a new walker and he adapted to shoes with soles with no problems.

Stephanie
ds Trevor 8/05

squimp
01-10-2007, 12:24 PM
We had a pair, but they were not wide enough for DD. I thought the infant ones were pretty flexible. If you get them I'd make sure you buy from a place where you can see them in person and get a good fitting.

smilla653
01-10-2007, 10:27 PM
I found some at a Nordstrom's Rack in the fall for about $20 and bought them in two sizes. They are super-flexible, but I can't get his feet into them very easily and have given up on them for the time being. Am I doing something wrong?

Radosti
01-10-2007, 10:44 PM
I was at OLLY shoes the day after christmas for their 40% off everything sale. I was buying Robeez and PediPeds. There was a lady from NYC there (visiting family for christmas), and she was buying 4 pairs of Merrells. She couldn't believe the price and was like a kid in a candy store.