PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a weird attachment to their DC's clothes? Just me?

MNmomtobe
01-10-2007, 01:58 PM
I am in the process of looking at DD's clothes and figuring out what to ebay and what to give away. I keep thinking what if we have more kids? or.. Oh, DD looked so cute in this! How could I sell it?
Her clothes are really piling up and I really need to get rid of stuff (to make room for more stuff I want to buy that I won't want to sell...)! I am thinking I should just do it and be done with it!

katiesmommy
01-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Nope, your not the only one. I do it to. Sometimes I think I must be crazy.

Pennylane
01-10-2007, 03:28 PM
I can completly relate to that. I had saved everything from my older dd, who is now 5. Her sister wore a few items, but not much. Every item I picked up had a special memory to it and I hated to get rid of it. I finally decided to pick my favorites and have them made into a quilt for her. I have a box for each child and at the end of the season I put my absolute favorites in it. Some I am saving for them to give to their children and the others will go to the quilt.

Ann

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-10-2007, 07:03 PM
you are so not alone. I just went through all of dd's clothes looking for things that could make the jump to ds-overalls and stuff. I decided I couldn't bear to part with any of it. Luckily we have a large basement.
I figure this way i'm safe if there's an oops.

jen

mommyapb
01-10-2007, 09:43 PM
I put a ton of DD's clothing aside to sell on Ebay & DH stopped me from selling any of them. LOL He kept saying "No not this", "Oh you can't sell that", "But what if we have another girl", "Remember when.."

I would have never thought that he cared that much. It was really sweet.

I totally second the massive amounts of clothing piling up.

lilycat88
01-10-2007, 10:30 PM
I still have every piece of clothing DD ever wore except 4 dresses that my neighbor has currently but is giving back when her DD outgrows them. *sigh* She's 2 1/2 now...and we're not having any more children.

MNmomtobe
01-10-2007, 11:20 PM
My eyes teared up a bit reading this. What a sentimental DH you have! :)

kozachka
01-12-2007, 04:34 AM
You are so not alone... I had a really difficult time giving away DS clothing when he was younger. Fortunately, boys clothese are not that cute starting as of about size 24 months/2T so it is less of an issue now. Good thing or we'd really be in trouble now that we live in an appartment.

Puddy73
01-12-2007, 11:42 AM
No, I do, too. I'm becoming less sentimental about DD's clothes now that she is older, but I haven't been able to part with her baby clothes, even though I doubt we will have another DC. Every time DH goes up in the attic he threatens to get rid of them, but I just can't.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

Erin_Matts_Mom
01-17-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm that way too. I think it's perfectly normal. I've kept some of the teeny tiny clothes for my daughter to use on her dolls. Then for the rest of it, I have saved a few very special outfits (birthday) from each year to put in a memory box. For the rest, I look through my stuff often, and each time I pick out a few more pieces that I don't mind parting with.