PDA

View Full Version : Gymbucks question!

MNmomtobe
01-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I bought DD some clothes during Gymbo's winter sale when things were an additional 20% off and it was also during gymbucks earning period. A pair of pants that I bought DD are a bit tight around the waist- they still have the tags on them. Would I be able to do an even exchange for a larger size for the price I paid? I don't want to do an actual return and lose my gymbucks as I spent just a mere few cents over $50.

BeachBum
01-11-2007, 08:36 AM
I did, but that was before the redemption period. I'd act quickly so you can get your size.

secchick
01-11-2007, 09:27 AM
While I started personally boycotting Gymboree several months ago due to *extremely* poor customer service I received, I just wanted to let you know that their official policy requires that even with a size exchange on an identical item, you are supposed to lose your gymbuck. Theis is definitely policy if outside the earnings period (but I am unclear on the exact policy if done during the gymbucks earning). Some SAs may permit you to do so without ringing the register, but I wouldn't count on it.

You should use your gymbuck first, then do the size exhange or return later. Once you have used it, they can't take it back, but I understand that they may be changing this policy as well due to people abusively buying to earn gymbucks, using them, then returning the earnings merchandise.

megamay79
01-11-2007, 09:54 AM
I agree with the PP, you should spend your gymbucks then do the return. I have exchanged things for a different size without a receipt in the past. I dont know what the official policy on that is but you could ask, just tell them that you dont have your receipt. If they say no, then you can always go back with your receipt.

Meg

neeter
01-11-2007, 10:36 AM
before the redemption period, i was able to return items and get new ones (that would have covered the difference) without losing my gymbucks.

MNmomtobe
01-12-2007, 12:06 AM
I did find the larger size pants today and bought them. DD may have to thin out before she can fit into any of Gymbo's pants. These were the first Gymbo pants I purchased and will probably be the last since DD's body type doesn't seem to jive with their pants. She is long torsoed with a some belly chub and not particularly long legs. I will probably end up selling the smaller size on Ebay instead of dealing with a return.