PDA

View Full Version : what did you get with your gymbucks?

megamay79
01-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Just wondering what other people who have gymbucks got with them. I had a TERRIBLE time deciding what to buy. I had $75 worth of gymbucks and I refuse to buy Gymbo stuff that is not on sale, so I didnt even look at the new lines. I got one jumper for DD for this spring from the cowboy line (she got the tights for christmas and needed something to wear with them) and I got the same jumper as a b-day gift for a cousin. Then the rest of the stuff I got is for DD for next fall/winter. She is going to have practically the whole imaginary friends line next year because that is what I bought on black friday to get the gymbucks in the first place, then I got a few more things today.

And when I STILL couldnt reach $150 I bought christmas presents for my sister's new baby boy - LOL. She hasnt even had the baby yet and Christmas is a year away!! I know I am taking a risk with sizing but I really didnt have a choice, I couldnt find anything else I wanted. He should be 6-12 mos size though, I mean he will be 6 mos old and she grows them big - lol.

Meg

hanaum02
01-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Unfortunately I don't really like any of the baby boy lines out that much. I absolutely ADORE the Good Old Days infant line and am so diappointed that my son is now in the 2T (he can still fit in 18-24, but it would be silly for me to buy him anymore in that size). So, I think I will probably end up buying some 3-6 and 6-12 stuff in the Good Old Days line and using them for baby gifts when friends have baby boys.

Michelle
Zach (9/3/04)

JennM
01-11-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm struggling with this, too, and I only have $25 in gymbucks! I may just get a few pieces from one of the newer lines, though they won't be bargains even with the gymbucks. I really like the "wish you were here" line, and DD loves bees (she's recently discovered Winnie the Pooh), so I may just get some knit pants and a couple of tops. Of course, with my luck, in another month, they'll still have the pieces I get, but marked down significantly.

I don't think I've figured out the Gymboree "system" yet. Still, their clothes fit DD better than pretty much any other brand, and I do like most of the lines.

AARGH - is it worth it?!

mapg
01-11-2007, 03:11 PM
I bought shorts, capris, and basic tees. I didn't like the shorts last summer and am not a huge fan of double tees. We stay in warm weather stuff for a long time, and the red and navy won't look too springish in the fall.
MA

Canna
01-11-2007, 03:19 PM
So glad you made this point about trying to stick with already marked-down items. I was waffling between buying things on sale...possibly for next year, or buying things from the new lines, even though I knew they weren't super-bargains. I bought several things from the Peruvian Doll line which I LOVE and DD already has several pieces from that line...

I had $50 Gymbucks and bought:
-Sherpa Jacket that I had loved, sized up for next year, might work this year too, we'll see.
-Flower Applique jeans for next year as well.
-Green Velour Hoodie that I had also loved for a while, next year, maybe this year.
-Red Corsage Tee (can wear with leggings we already have or with jeans)
-Aqua Turtleneck to wear with imaginary friends leggings we have already
-Boot Tee
-Brown Leggings to go with Boot Tee
(Total 101.43...not too bad)

MNmomtobe
01-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I bought up the rest of the peruvian line that I didn't get during the winter sale. This will be stuff for DD next fall/winter.

hrh_julie
01-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I am contemplating *gasp* not using my $50 Gymbucks at all! I don't really love the new lines and my DD really has plenty of clothes. That being said, I might stop in at a store and see what they have marked down.

Julie

tny915
01-11-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm probably not using my gymbucks as well, although the decision is pretty much made for me since I seem to to have misplaced them. I'm not terribly disappointed though. I feel like I've already been through the sale items in the past month and it's just not worth it to me to buy full price.

mommyapb
01-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Well I had $200 worth of Gymbucks (did all my Christmas shopping there on Black Firday). I bought DD quite a few things but am really thinking about taking it all back because there is hardly anything I LOVE. But I kept buying because "It is a good deal." I keep thinking that I would rather spend the $200 on a few pieces from Hanna to supplement the gifts she gets for her 1st bday in March. Plus I am trying to tighten my spending because I buy DD way too much & it really is a waste of money.

Well here is a run down of what I bought:

NB Girls Fresh Lemon Line
Dress, Hat, White Cardi
Lemon Print Sleeveless top & Pants & Headband

NB Girls Good Old Days
Cherry Jumper & Hat

Baby Girl Love is In the Air
Mixed Print Ruffle Top
Smock Top
Mixed Ruffle Skort
Headband
2 Fluttersuits

Baby Girl Tea Garden
Flower Print Dress, Capris, Top & Hat & Headband

Baby Girl valentine
Heart Flower Jumper & Hat

Other:
Clearanced pink denim skort

Fellow BBBers---Any thoughts? What would you do?

TIA

ETA: Returned everything today. Figured I would rather spend the money on things Ilove vs. things that were just a good deal.

luv_my_girl
01-12-2007, 04:04 PM
For those of you who aren't using your Gymbucks...PM me!!! :) :) :)

I had 4, which used to seem like so many but now I am buying for two kids and they go so fast.

I love when I can use my GBs on sale lines - you can really stock up and get things so cheap that way. I usually do that, but this time I focused on the new lines and bought the girls each one outfit from Tea Garden and a bunch of polos (those are kid girl only) and shorts. I did scoop up a few sale items for my little one, including a black velour hoodie ($5 after GB!).

If I had more GBs, I'd buy more from Peruvian Doll and Imaginary Friends for next winter. As it is, I just can't justify buying my younger one any MORE clothes. She has so many hand me downs already.

jvbucks
01-13-2007, 12:53 AM
I got an outfit from the "Turtle Crossing" line for the new baby coming, and for DD I got a new bathing suit and a few things from the newest line.

For those not using Gymbucks this go-round, PM me as well. I'd be happy to take them off your hands! :)

Momof3Labs
01-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Gymbucks are selling for a nice price on swap and other places, so don't feel bad about not using them!

supercalifragilous
01-13-2007, 02:56 PM
I had $175 in GBs and usually redeem them on sale items, but I already had everything (actually bought them to EARN the dang GBs). I ended up buying the full-price stuff in Tea Garden, Love Is In The Air, and Wish You Were Here.

I know some people who, when they don't like anything for themselves, will buy items that will resell for at least retail on eBay, like the WYWH umbrella (sold out already), some coats or raincoats, and dresses. It's a hassle to resell on eBay but if you are willing to deal with it, you might earn enough profit to make it worth your while.

I heard the Christmas 2006 black winter coat was going for $80+ on eBay. I bought it during Black Friday for $35 with my 20% Santa coupon, plus earned GBs with it! There are similar Rothschild ones on eBay going for what I paid for it! (Granted Rothschild is a more upscale brand, but IME, a black coat is a black coat - DD takes it off as soon as we get inside anyway.)

You can get a feel for what the hot items are by paying attention to Gymbo boards/forums and keep in mind that some lines & pieces do better in some markets than others. You might find something in your local store that is sold out everywhere else that will resell for a lot.

Radosti
01-14-2007, 09:47 AM
I had $100 of GymBucks. I went on Friday to see what I would buy. I never buy full priced stuff either. Refuse to. So, I picked up a few cute things for my son, a few cute things for my niece and ended up spending $100.36. That used up only $50 of my GymBucks. So, I waffled back and forth on using the rest online, filled my shopping cart (only to realize it was all for my niece and my friends' daughter for their birthdays (whichI already have gifts for), so I didn't order. I posted my GymBucks on Craigslist for sale and a lady is coming by today after church to pick them up.